BLF for Conferences

Hi,

I would love to have our conference buttons light up when someone is in a conference, but I can’t figure it out. Here’s what I’ve done (we’re on Grandstream GXP-2010 phones):

Let’s say extension 200 is the conference. It is programmed as a BLF button in the phone.
In extensions_custom.conf, I’ve written exten => 200,hint,Zap-pseudo

The Zap thing was simply what was showing up in the CDR log, so I thought that might be the channel that holds the conference. Obviously, there’s no identifier for the specific conference, so this can’t be right.

But which channel exactly do you hint in order to monitor activity on a conference? Or is this not possible?

Best,

Per

use the backported func_devstate from 1.6 that is available for 1.4 and then setup a hint for the meetme conference. To my knowledge, it does not exist on 1.2. See the astersk wiki for more details.

Thanks, as always you’re extremely helpful!

You go girl!

Per

Do you have a link to the page for this? I would like to do the same thing and I can’t find what you’re referring to.
TNX

My Meetme conference is 3300. I added the following line to extensions_custom.conf

exten => 3300,hint,Meetme:3300

Restarted asterisk, then subscribed 3300 as a BLF button on my phone. Now, after you say your name and press # entering the conference, the button lights up.

(This is with asterisk 1.4 (PIAF) )

That totalled worked! I’m so happy! Thanks for posting!

Thanks,

Per