Blacklist Module Not Working When Allowlist Module is Enabled

Yes you should uninstall the current version and install the new version.

I visited your link and it says ā€œ401 - Access is deniedā€. I was able to login to that website successfully using my freepbx account but I cannot access your repo. Am I missing something?

I enabled public access just now, see if you can get access.

1 Like

Yes, I can access it now. Thank you. Iā€™ll try it & get back to you.

I had a chance to mess with it just now since I know I probably wonā€™t get a chance at work tomorrowā€¦At any rate, I had issues compiling it so I just hand edited the functions.inc.php (I did not see any other files that were modified by you except module.xml, which I did not change on my end.) file with the changes you made. That did not make a difference. The phone number still has to exist in both Allowlist and Blacklist before that number will be Blacklisted.

Granted, by me hand editing the file, I am not sure if the Allowlist module or FreePBX used the changes or not.

At this point, I reverted all changes, uninstalled and reinstalled Allowlist just to make sure all files were reverted back to the official repo state.

I know this was not the best method to try this, but I had a hard time compiling it and I did not want to risk messing up my FreePBX install. My boss would definitely not be happy with me if that happened lol Iā€™m sorry.

The function.inc.php routines are not called unless you uninstall and reinstall or disable and enable the allowlist module in module admin. You will have to look in extensions_additional.conf in /etc/asterisk to see if the changes were applied (this happens when you press the red ā€œapply configā€ button in the upper right corner of the module admin screen following processing the install operation.

Search for the string BLDEST and ALDEST in extensions_additional.conf ā€“ you should see them switch places in the file ā€“ BLDEST should come first.

1 Like

If you hand edit the file functions.inc.php in /var/www/html/admin/modules/allowlist and then disable and enable the module it should apply those changes to the extensions_additional.conf file.

1 Like

I just tried it and I can confirm that it now works as expected. If I enter a number on the Blacklist only, it works as expected.

I hand edited the file again, but this time, like you said, I disabled and enabled the Allowlist module. I did not disable and re-enable it last night.

Iā€™ll revert all changes and wait for this fix to be available on the official repo. Thank you for looking into this and getting this fixed! I appreciate it! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It should be available on the edge track now

2 Likes

Thank you. But, Iā€™m gonna wait for it to hit the Stable repo. Hopefully, it does soon.

1 Like