Blacklist Improvements

Hello everyone,

Under Admin → Blacklist → Settings, you can enable ‘Block Unknown/Blocked Caller ID’. However, it looks like it only blocks caller ID numbers that show as ‘Unknown’ or ‘Unavailable’ and it is case sensitive, so ‘unavailable’ will not get blocked.

I submitted a feature request with a PR that fixes the case sensitive issue and blocks when matching the following caller IDs:

• unknown
  • unavailable
  • anonymous
  • private
  • restricted
  • blocked

Please raise your voice if you have any questions or concerns

Thank you

2 Likes

It would be great if we could define the variables ourselves, so as things change we don’t have to submit another feature request.

This is actually a good idea. I’ll look into it.

1 Like

Another thing that would be nice (I don’t know that it would be an easy addition though) is split routing for “Blacklisted Numbers” vs unknown, anonymous, etc.

A good example we block scammers and pushy salespeople that don’t understand the word NO. Currently our blacklist sends them to a dedicated voicemail. With this change to allow for the few legitimate customers whose numbers come up anonymous I would need to route the blacklist to a confirmation IVR instead.

Another way to say this is a control for different groups, right?
Group 1 > Included Numbers > Action
Group 2 > Included Numbers > Different Action

Linear, so first match is the action taken.

I agree that would be a great enhancement.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.