BLA/BLF question

I am new to Asterisk, but have been reading a lot of the forums. I have a questions which I can’t seem to get a clear answer on during my research.

I have Yealink T38 and T28 phones. I have a sip trunk with 4 voice paths and 4 DID numbers. I want to be able to see which calls come in on which DIDs via the status lights by the LCD screen. I would also like to be able to select which DID to dial out on (which CID shows up) based on the “line” I select. Is this possible with Asterisk?

Thanks so much!

You could create 4 extensions and configure an extension on each button. Make 4 inbound routes and send one route to each button. Set each extension to use one of the DIDs each.

Ok so basically create 4 dummy extensions for the sole purpose of receiving calls from different Dids? There are two issues I can potentially see here.

1. any custom call flows will be made very complicated as the did will hit those dummy extensions first.
  2. How can I press on one of those 4 buttons to activate the line? I guess by setting a custom outbound CID for each?

Surely there is a way for a DId appearance, no?

Also, we have one analog trunk for our fax and one google voice trunk for overflow voice paths. Can I see when these are being accessed, either by inbound or outbound calls?

Well i think your question about outgoing calls are quite simple. Many phones have multi-line support and have physical buttons which can be used to select which line to activate. i use Tiptel 286 and they offer such functionality. As far as i know Tiptel and Yealink are exactly the same hardware so you should be able to do this.

1. any custom call flows will be made very complicated as the did will hit those dummy extensions first.
    for incoming call, you can send each incoming DID to an extension. When a call is placed the light that represents that line will also blink! this is basically what Alan mentioned above. what kind of custom call flow would you need that would not be allowed using this method?

2. How can I press on one of those 4 buttons to activate the line? I guess by setting a custom outbound CID for each?
    You can do this by going in to phone setting page in IE and creating multiple accounts and then setting the keys to select those accounts. on my tiptel this is done under Phone>account. each account goes to an extension. then you can assign the DSS button under Phone>DSS Keys>line keys. For example you can assign Line key 1 to account 1(ext 300), Line key 2 to account 2(ext 301), and so on!

hope this helps.

You are trying to make Asterisk emulate a key system with shared line appreances. Asterisk was not designed for this purpose so there will be challenges in achieving what you want to do.