Big troubles, the whole system is broken, help!

Well, the fastest way for me was to recreate everything; trunks out/inbound routes and all the extension
IVR and queues are pretty easy/fast too

To be honest i didnt understand if Dicko answare was the right one or not…

i mean, if is this easy, why the dedicated module doesnt works?
why did my backups failed to restore?
and why the system doesnt do a scan of the backups and send a warning message before f.ing up everything? :confused:
If the system told me “you cant use this backups because they are a different version” i would tried to restore (which i dont think its the case since i never changed anything to my system after i did the last backup)

edit: sorry for waiting to much to answare but i was far from home for some days

It would have been easy to restore from backup to the original system. nothing else. Restoring to a new system is the disaster that FreeePBX 15 is fixing.

but what do you mean when you way “to the original system” ?
i mean, once i ended up setting my system, i did a back up and i did some restores to be sure the backup was working, and it worked as planned
i never updated the system neither changed any settings but the backup just stopped worked
maybe PBX updated itself automatically (i dont think so) and if it did so its just bad…

Anyway, should i try to update my system to the lastest verions? or its just a risk to having instability issues and bugs?

Curious as to why you kept saying Asterisk 15 when you actually mean FreePBX 15. Asterisk 15 and FreePBX 15 are two totally different beasts.

1 Like

This kind of answare are pointless tbh…
I mean, he could be missleading but at least he give me a path to follow, you said nothing to help :sweat_smile:

No, it’s not. Asterisk 15 is complete different than FreePBX 15. One is already EOL and one is Beta. This is something @cynjut is well aware of so I was asking why he was so far off base in this one post.

It was misleading, hence me correcting it.

1 Like

I just mean that, trough the whole post, i still dont see a CLEAR answare on how to fix this huge backup/restore problem…
maybe im just stupid and i cant understand, but this is what i feel with my low experience ^^

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.