Beta1 Released!

<?php global $user; $custom_field = 'user='.$user->uid.""; ?>

I'm excited to announce that we've rolled a new tarball officially moving the 2.5 program into beta! We've had a strong testing period while we called it alpha and although the quality has been consistently reported as better than a beta we kept our terminology in order to keep it open for new features while you had a chance to start testing and evaluating what was there.

I'm excited to announce that there are currently 340 tickets closed against the current release, many of those being feature requests. As of this writing, there are only 2 bugs open! Given the amount of testing we have already seen, and with your help to start loading and testing the beta if you have not yet done so, we should be able to validate it quickly and move into a release candidate soon.

As I'm traveling this week I'll keep this announcement short. You can get a lot of information from the previous and first announcements that were made on the 2.5 Beta Program. You can load it up and help with the testing if you haven't already. You can show your support as always with the donate button:

Donate

For now, we hope that you have fun sorting through all the new big and small features! If you want to get an in depth view of FreePBX 2.5, sign up now for the next Open Telephony Training Seminar scheduled for early October.

Philippe - On behalf of the FreePBX Team

Hi,
Is there any plan to move FreePbx to FreeSwitch

I am not programmer, but I loved FreePBX, I have a production system with it. I would like to ask if you will be able to make new features for group outbound routers (decentralize outbound routers to extension use a specific trunk and other not)

Thanks for the beta1.

2.5 is now final, upgrade to the latest…