Backups Deleting themselves

So here’s a strange problem. On our servers, we’ve been having issues with the backups’ ‘delete after runs’ setting. We’re on 15.0.17.51, with backup module 15.0.10.63. We have one older backup from v14 in the local storage location.

Below is what happened when I set it to one run. On analysis, the backup deleted itself after finishing. After copying this log, I set it to 0 runs and the system saved the backup to the ASTSPOOLDIR/backup location, which I believe is the error location. Then I set it to 3 runs, and it saved in the right location. So I set it to 2 runs, and it deleted the older v15 file, as if it had 2 runs already. I set it back to 3, and it created a new backup.

My conclusion is that the backups check the filestore location for how many backups have been run, and then deletes the oldest v15 backup, even if it’s the one it just created. Has anybody had a similar issue with this, or was it just me for not deleting those old backups?

End of Backup Logs:
Finished Cleaning up
Finished created backup file: 20210907-135655-1631048215-15.0.17.51-1250419961.tar.gz
Performing Local Maintenance
Finished Local Maintenance
Performing Remote Maintenance
Removing filestore/20210907-135655-1631048215-15.0.17.51-1250419961.tar.gz
Finished Remote Maintenance
Saving to selected Filestore locations
Finished Saving to selected Filestore locations
There were warnings during the backup process
The module callback returned no data, No backup created
The module callerid returned no data, No backup created
The module calllimit returned no data, No backup created
The module conferencespro returned no data, No backup created
The module miscdests returned no data, No backup created
The module phonebook returned no data, No backup created
The module setcid returned no data, No backup created

How have you set your “Storage Locations” for that backup ?

Yes. The storage locations are set to /var/spool/asterisk/backup and I appended the name of the backup so that the server saves to the same location as on v14.

We double checked a server that had the same problems, and we started with removing the v14 backup. I ran the backup on one ‘delete after run’ and it didn’t save. I set it to two runs and it saved. I ran it again at 2 runs, and it deleted the older v15 backup.

don’t ‘append the name’, it is possibly still broken on your system

Possibly related, not sure, but there are tons of backup logs being generated. Hundreds or thousands a week. Where are the backup log settings?

start over delete all the backups defined, wait till no more logs , you should not be getting that number of logs unless your backups are over stepping running ones, ( and that should be noticed and disallowed) , get your filestore working locally first, …

Just doing that now. Deleted the routine and the backups. Logs and backups seem to have stopped. Recreated the routine and just ran it, waiting to see what happens.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.