Backup to Filestore SSH Issues

Hi all,

I’m having an issue with Freepbx 15.0.17.34 with Filestore 15.0.3.14 and Backup & Restore 15.0.10.51. I am trying to save my backups to an offsite location using SSH and even though the backups reports success, the files never show up on my SSH server. I have confirmed that I’m able to login to the server using the asterisk user using the RSA keys and am even able to manually SCP the backup files to my desired location on the server.

Can anyone guide me in any direction to diagnose where I’m going wrong? One odd issue is that if I enter a path when creating the SSH filestore, when backing up, it gives me the following error: Root is invalid or does not exist: /volume1/homes/backup/

I have confirmed that that directory is accessible with full read/write privileges. Leaving the path empty does not give me any errors.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

I’m not sure what to specifically look for in this case, but I’d try to see if there’s anything of interest in some log files.

On the PBX, “/var/log/asterisk/backup.log”. This generally has the same output you’d see when doing a “Save and Run” from the Backups page, but it’s still worth checking.

On the SSH server side, I’d try to look for any logs available there. For example, on a CentOS7 server, I’d set the LogLevel DEBUG in my “/etc/ssh/sshd_config” file, and restart sshd, then I’d watch “/var/log/secure” while I try a “Save and Run” from my PBX Backups page. Your SSH server might be different.

Before doing that, you might want to check if there are any updates available to the Filestore and Backup modules. I’m not sure if anything relevant has changed, but I think there are some newer versions than what you’ve listed. Also, are you running any custom Hooks in your Backup job’s settings?

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.