Backup fails after up grade to Freepbx13

I have just upgraded a from 12 to 13. I now have the following problem when I try to run a backup

Initializing Backup 2
Backup Lock acquired!
Running pre-backup hooks…
Adding items…
Skipping requested directory ‘/var/lib/asterisk/sounds/custom’ as it does not exist.
Bulding manifest…
Creating backup…
Storing backup…
Whoops\Exception\ErrorException: ftp_put(): Unable to build data connection: Connection refused in file /var/www/html/admin/modules/backup/functions.inc/class.backup.php on line 413
Stack trace:

1. Whoops\Exception\ErrorException->() /var/www/html/admin/modules/backup/functions.inc/class.backup.php:413
  2. Whoops\Run->handleError() :0
  3. ftp_put() /var/www/html/admin/modules/backup/functions.inc/class.backup.php:413
  4. FreePBX\modules\Backup\Backup->store_backup() /var/www/html/admin/modules/backup/bin/backup.php:144

Would anyone know what that means and what I need to change to correct it.

while that error can probably be handled more gracefully the server is refusing the connection

So what am I needing to change, I am confused?

do you see anything in the ftp logs?

Again you have me confused, it wasn’t a backup to ftp, it was a local backup, although the ftp backup I have set fails in the same way.

Yes I see the reference to ftp in the backup report, is that getting data by ftp or saving it?

Well I am not sure how this was working but I removed the firewall and the backups are fine.

I will have to look at putting the firewall back on at some time but for now fail2ban will do.