Backup and restore to new hardware brings all its backlog of taskprocesses and phantom calls with it

I am having serious issues with my live machine having to be restarted several times a day since it stops registering new calls and throws a bunch of errors. After no available solution we decided to install the latest release of the freepbx distro on new hardware. We did a backup from the old machine and restored to the new machine.
The new machine has a different IP address and we disabled all trunks before connecting the ethernet cable.
The new machine has 0 endpoints registered and all trunks disabled yet the CLI shows the queue in some of the processes (core show taksprocesses) at over 2 mllion. “core show channels” shows 25 active calls. Also with CLI verbose of 4 the screen displasy a never ending list of call dialplans as if they were still happening.
I tried forcing a hangup on active calls with commands I found on the web, but all the hangup commands threw errors. I also attempted to expire the cache in sorcery (I assume thats where the task processes are?) but the command didnt work with “all”
What can I do to fix this? Does this mean the new installation is as broken as the past one?
We are running on a xen server virtual machine with 4 cores and 15Gb ram and only about 100 extensions, 8 trunks registered and a top of 40 active calls at any moment?
Any suggestions? how do I clean the backlog of tasks? How do I verify the machine isnt as broken as the previous before I move my commercial modules to this machine?
thanks

All of that call State is stored in the astdb of asterisk and when you restore a backup you get the full astdb restored.

Tony Lewis, so what happens now? How do I flush all that so that I can start with a new system that only has the same configuration but none of the state? Do I just wait or can I force clean those things? Otherwise, it seems I’ve brought the problem over with me to the new system.
thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.