Back up Module -- Not!

Good evening all,

I am fighting with a Trixbox install in which the FreePBX backup module refuses to do a backup for me.

I have a Daily version (No CDR) and a weekly on Fri AM that will include the CDRs. Even though I have deleted the backups and recreated them a couple of times.

I can not locate any errors in /var/messages, /var/cron, or /var/asterisk/full.

The Directorys are inpace (created manually) and belong to asterisk.asterisk.

Any Ideas ??
TIA,

PS Module Maint shows Backup & Restore tool Version 2.1.1 Enabled

No updtaes pending…

I heard somewhere that Trixbox breaks backup by putting the ampbackup.pl script in the wrong place in which case the backup will never run. It should be in /var/www/html/admin/modules/backup/bin/ where it will be auto-linked by retrieve_conf when you hit the red bar to /var/lib/asterisk/bin.

I’ve only heard this second hand so I don’t know if it really is an issue. (don’t know why they would put it somewhere else - unless it is some obscure bug of our own that hasn’t been brought to light).

[root@asterisk1 /]# find . -name ampbackup.pl -print
./var/lib/asterisk/bin/ampbackup.pl
./var/www/html/admin/modules/backup/var/lib/asterisk/bin/ampbackup.pl
./var/www/html/admin/modules/backup/bin/ampbackup.pl
./usr/src/freepbx/amp_conf/htdocs/admin/modules/backup/bin/ampbackup.pl
[root@asterisk1 /]#
[root@asterisk1 /]# cd /var/www/html/admin/modules/backup/bin/
[root@asterisk1 bin]# ls -la
total 28
drwxr-xr-x 2 asterisk asterisk 4096 Jan 10 2007 .
drwxr-xr-x 5 asterisk asterisk 4096 Jun 7 2353 …
-rwxr-xr-x 1 asterisk asterisk 8172 Nov 6 2006 ampbackup.pl
-rwxr-xr-x 1 asterisk asterisk 1152 Jan 10 2007 dumpastdb.php
-rwxr-xr-x 1 asterisk asterisk 1539 Jan 10 2007 restoreastdb.php
-rwxr-xr-x 1 asterisk asterisk 3225 Nov 4 2006 retrieve_backup_cron_from_mysql.pl
[root@asterisk1 bin]#

looks like your ampbackup.pl script is there (not sure why all the other stuff is under ~backup/var/lib/… but if it is in the AMPBIN directory as it appears to be so, that would not be your problem.

Where might I look for Log entries that might indicate an error that occured when the back up tries (If it tries) to execute ?

Nothing in /var/log/messages
or /var/log/asterisk/full

JMS…

it’s just a cron job, so the errors would be mailed to asterisk on the local system

Duh,

Wasn’t thinking cron, and I was checking cron with crontab -e as root, so of course I missed it. – Daily worked last night.

Thks...