Automated Spam Filter

Asterisk/FreePBX 14

I am looking to develop an automated spam filter for incoming calls. The process would be:

• Call comes in to custom destination.
  • Compare the caller id number (e.x. 555.555.5555) with the CDR (Maybe count all with callerid of 555.555.5555 between now-60 seconds).
  • If count is higher than x (e.x. 5), then add that number to the blacklist.

Is there a better way to do this? Are there already built automated solutions? Any suggestions/feedback?

Thanks in advance!

Additional question, if my approach is valid, what’s the best way to query the CDR DB in the dialplan for callerID comparison?

I’ve given up on spam flagging and blacklists and anything else that requires effort and moved to a white list. All previously unknown inbound caller IDs to my system must prove they are human, after which they get white listed. All outbound calls are automatically white listed: Of Robocalls and Whitelists

Spammers are starting to evolve, over the last several months a few robocalls have gotten through. If it gets worse, I will be adding a random captcha.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.