AsteriskNow 1.7.1 - extensions.conf not updated (beginner)

I tried to install AsteriskNow to have a simple startup, but it doesn’t seem to work. I must oversee something basic, but don’t have a clue what…

Anyone can give me an idea what is needed after the start of an AsteriskNow ? I’ve been looking for a walk-through for this, but I must have used the wrong search words I guess, as I didn’t find anything useful…

When I add an extension via the web-interface, I don’t get any errors, if I’m looking in asterisk with the -rvvv option, I see logins everytime I do something on the webpages ; but after applying the changes, the extensions don’t work, also the extensions.conf doesn’t get updated (actually none of the .conf files). Shouldn’t FreePBX rewrite these files ?

If I do some manual setup of sip.conf, extensions.conf, iax.conf I can get 2 phones working together ; but this shouldn’t be how it’s suppossed to be…

I guess it might have to do with a minimum setup which is needed before the files get updates, but can’t think what is needed for the simple setup of 2 phones… or where to do in FreePBX.

Version info:

• AsteriskNow 1.7.1, containing FreePBX 2.7.0.0 and asterisk 1.6.2.11 (I didn’t do any updates yet)

This should get a RTFM-answer, but I don’t know where I can find the needed manual :wink:

I knew most systems use several files to achieve this, but because the “normal.conf” files were separated from the rest I thought these would be the ones that changed …
Thanks to those who took the time to answer!

the _additional files are the ones FreePBX works with. The standard .conf files mostly contain links to the “additional” files. If you try to manually add a feature by editing the additional files, the next time you reload, the data from the SQL database will overwrite those files. Any manual changes should be made to the “custom” files.

Just wanted to confirm that what w5waf said is correct.

Yes, I apply the changes, and I see the reload in asterisk, but as the files aren’t updated, it doesn’t make a difference…

It does update the files, but not those I expected :slight_smile:
I thought it would update extensions.conf (and other “simply named” .conf-files) which are put away in the /var/www/html/admin/modules/core/etc-folder… but it works via the “_additional” files in the /etc/asterisk folder :s

I’ll try tomorrow if I can get it to work this way ; probably will need to make some dialplans first … Have to start a second virtual machine to test, and it would become too late if it wouldn’t work right away :smiley:

I hope you are hitting the orange “reload bar” everytime you save/make changes!