AsteriskNow 1.5 and ARI call recordings problem - UniqueID problems?

I recently upgraded from Trixbox to AsteriskNow and have not been able to play recorded calls through ARI/Recordings (individual users or admin login). I have also noticed in the cdr tables, that the uniqueid is no longer being inserted with calls since the migration to AsteriskNow.

I have read several posts that mention to recompile asterisk-addons (1.4.9) with ‘#define MYSQL_LOGUNIQUEID’ in cdr/cdr_addon_mysql.c, but I can’t seem to make the recompile work.

Does anyone know of a work around for this?

Thanks!

Brandon

Hi,

I had the same problem. Change ownership on session files and reboot.

chown asterisk /var/lib/php
chown asterisk /var/lib/php/session
init 6

Hope that helps

Thanks for your post, but unfortunately changing the ownership on /var/lib did not fix the uniqueid being placed into the cdr tables and it broke ARI from working. I had to chown it back to apache to get ARI to work. Perhaps I was missing something (tried chown -R asterisk:asterisk /var/lib/php/ (which included sessions) is this what you meant?)

What does the error log say, not being able to play messages from the web interface typically has been a rights issues. Also check the spool directories where the messages are stored. I went through my CDR and did not find a unique ID. The time stamp kind of acts as a unique ID. I have Freepbx 2.6.0.0 and an older version of Asterisk so perhaps that’s why its different. I really have no other ideas sorry.

After several months of delaying nuking the other AsteriskNow 1.5 server with elastix, I was finally able to make the AsteriskNow server work with the uniqueid field.

Here is what I found:

The problem: by default the asterisk-addons-mysql (which speeds up getting CDRs into MySQL in the first place) is not configured (at least as of 1.4.10) to add the uniqueid column, which is what ARI uses to match the file.

Here is what I did to resolve it:

  1. “yum install asterisk-devel” (this also upgraded Asterisk 1.4.24 to 1.4.29- which seemed to work fine with FreePBX- I had also in the process upgraded from FreePBX 2.5 to 2.6)

  2. Downloaded the patched asterisk-addons-1.4.10 from this site: http://www.unixlads.com/?p=147&cpage=1#comment-5 (site also has instructions on how to build it). You could also patch the file yourself with the directions from: http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+cdr+mysql. (NOTE: In both cases I kept getting errors stating that it could not find asterisk.h and numerous other issues when I first tried to compile it. The key was getting that asterisk-devel package (or possibly upgrading to 1.4.29, but I am pretty sure it was the asterisk-devel package as it was missing the entire /usr/includes/asterisk directory before which kept crashing “make”).

  3. “amportal chown”

  4. “amportal restart”

The asteriskcdrdb.cdr table then had entries for uniqueid (in turn showing the option to play the file from within ARI).

-renvorak