Asterisk with SIP trunk to Cisco 2800 router [RESOLVED]

Hi all,

Been moving to a new Asterisk 13 / FreePBX 12 setup. One thing I need to move is our trunk to a Cisco 2800 router, working as a CUBE - terminating a PRI and sending calls via SIP to the Asterisk server (and in future, this router will terminate all voice/VoIP circuits).

The trouble I’m having is, I duplicated the config from a working FreePBX 2.11 / Asterisk 11 server and now when I test from the Asterisk 13 server the SIP URI sent in the SDP is as such;

To: <sip:90429920437%[email protected]>;tag=C8B7BA98-1667.

And, in the Asterisk logfiles;

app_dial.c: Called SIP/cube/90429920437@CUBE

FYI, it looked like one of the dial-peers on the Cisco is setup as 9.T, from memory, requiring the 9 prefix so the trunk config sticks that on there. But, what may be causing the “@CUBE” part to be appended onto the SIP URI?

Here is my trunk config;

PEER
type=friend
qualify=yes
nat=no
insecure=port,invite
host=172.22.4.12
dtmfmode=rfc2833
context=from-trunk
allow=ulaw
disallow=all

USER CONTEXT: from-trunk
USER
type=friend
qualify=yes
nat=no
host=172.22.4.12
dtmfmode=rfc2833
allow=ulaw
disallow=all
canreinvite=no

Thanks,

This is just weird to me … No matter what I change the @CUBE still gets appended to the end.

CUBE is the FreePBX name of the trunk, and cube was the trunk name as reference lower in the config page. I changed both of these to ‘test’ but the URI is still appended with @CUBE

Starting to make sense when I saw this line:

[2015-08-18 15:01:33] DEBUG[19366][C-00001cfc]: pbx.c:3785 ast_str_retrieve_variable: Result of ‘OUT_3_SUFFIX’ is ‘@CUBE

But I can’t find where this is in configuration …

This looks like what’s setting it in the dial plan, in extensions_additional.conf under macro-dialout-trunk;

exten => s,n,Dial(${OUT_${DIAL_TRUNK}}/${OUTNUM}${OUT_${DIAL_TRUNK}_SUFFIX},${TRUNK_RING_TIMER},${DIAL_TRUNK_OPTIONS})

But again, where is it getting this information from to make the suffix. There should be nowhere in any configuration that has these words (I grepped the entire /etc/asterisk dir for ‘CUBE’ and found nothing)…

Resolved with an amportal restart. Whatever was adding that suffix was some ghost in the machine that cleared with a full restart - it persisted through a dialplan reload and core reload.

1 Like