Asterisk segmentation fault on amportal restart

I am getting a segmentation fault on amportal restart. Anybody seen this before? Any ideas?

STARTING ASTERISK
Asterisk Started
[root@FreePBX ~]# /usr/sbin/safe_asterisk: line 145: 4546 Segmentation fault (core dumped) nice -n $PRIORITY ${ASTSBINDIR}/asterisk -f ${CLIARGS} ${ASTARGS} > /dev/${TTY} 2>&1 < /dev/${TTY}
Asterisk ended with exit status 139
Asterisk exited on signal 11.
Automatically restarting Asterisk.

Using the FreePBX distro?

Yes. :slight_smile:
We had some issues yesterday when the log file exceeded 500MB (fail2ban did not like that) but after we implemented log rotation the issue stopped.

Coincidentally we had also installed a module called “extension settings” from the repo so could be that too. I am just asking if anyone experienced the same or if it’s an isolated incident on our system. Just knowing that tells me where to look.

What log file exceeded 500MB. We rotate all the asterisk full logs daily and we use fail2ban on all of our systems and never had a issue with it seg faulting. Without seeing asterisk logs on the seg fault I could not tell you what the problem was.

/var/log/asterisk/full

Ok well those logs are set to rotate nightly. We do no rotate based on size since usually you want them daily so when looking into issues you can open one log file for that day.

Always a good idea to test memory and check disks on a machine that consistently segfaults.

memtest86+ is good for checking your memory.

I have same issue when upgrading to 1.8 from 1.6. This seems to be solely a FreePBX problem. No HDD or RAM issue. There are lots of reports complaining of this these days.

Try digium repo for installing Asterisk + FreePBX and upgrade right then make an extension and Asterisk crashes.

Ok well this thread was on the FreePBX Distro not someone using asterisk and freepbx GUI by itself.

Upgrading Asterisk 1.6 to 1.8 on your own machine with FreePBX and having it seg fault has nothing to do with FreePBX.

The first thing I would do is look at the asterisk logs. My guess is one of your .so modules was not upgrading and causing asterisk to fail. I have seen this a million times before with people doing upgrades on there own systems, hence why we came out with a Distro that handles all of this for you.