Asterisk running, freePBX running, freePBX not able to connect to Asterisk

I installed the raspbx on a RaspberryPi 3. Everything seemed to work. I downloaded a newer Asterisk 13-28.0, and applied the cisco patch. apt-get remove asterisk ./configure make make install all went fine. Reboot. I can open an asterisk console no problem but freePBX doesn’t connect to it.

Probably the AMI credentials in FreePBX config don’t match those in /etc/asterisk/manager.conf.

Easiest way to fix this would probably be to go to Settings > Advanced Settings and save and apply the config. Next easiest way would be to edit manager.conf and apply the credentials from the MySQL database which can be found by doing:

mysql -e 'select keyword,value from asterisk.freepbx_settings where keyword = "ampmgrpass";'

Then use the value returned to replace the current value for ‘secret’ under the [admin] section in /etc/asterisk/manager.conf

You can also set the password by browsing to Advanced Settings, or from bash using the appropriate setting commands:

[[email protected] tftpboot]# fwconsole setting --list | grep MGR
| AMPMGRPASS                           | <redacted>                                     | amp111                                        |
| AMPMGRUSER                           | admin                                          | admin                                         |

[[email protected] tftpboot]# fwconsole setting AMPMGRPASS new_ami_password
Changing "AMPMGRPASS" from [redacted] to [new_ami_password]
[[email protected] tftpboot]# fwconsole setting --list | grep MGR
| AMPMGRPASS                           | new_ami_password                               | amp111                                        |
| AMPMGRUSER                           | admin                                          | admin                                         |
1 Like

Password matches in all three places and when I change it in advanced settings it changes in all three so that’s not the issue. Still getting “Can not connect to Asterisk” While in manager.conf I noted this
[general]
enabled = no
;webenabled = yes
port = 5038
bindaddr = 0.0.0.0

But in the advanced settings
HTTP bind address is :: port 8088

If you change the conf file, you have to manually reload once:

asterisk -x "core reload"
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.