Asterisk problem

So lately I’m noticing my PBX running like shit. I find this interesting knowing that it runs on a Dell computer with a P4 and 1 GB of RAM. Yes, it’s a dinosaur in today’s standards, but certainly a lambo for just running PIAF Green.

This is what the log keeps repeating when I do asterisk -r

What the EF is this?

I know sometime ago I putz around with some config files. I forget what they were but I briefly tried and failed to enable SRTP and TLS on this box so I left it alone.

Before I proceed with wiping and reloading this box from scratch and leaving it all defaults except for my Google Voice accounts, what can this be? Or what it is talking about?

Yes… I’m an Asterisk n00b… TIA

You’re probably not going to get much help with a request that’s laced with vulgarity. Your biggest problem is not with your server, it’s your lack of manners and civility.

BF

If I wanted an e-lecture on e-morals I would have asked for one.

Not that I expect helpful tech support for a free product, but it doesn’t hurt to ask. Last time I had trouble with PIAF Green, someone from Digium answered promptly and sent me on my way.

If I wanted an e-lecture on e-morals I would have asked for one.

If you think speaking that way is professionally acceptable then you are in the wrong place. Another post like that will earn a ban.

BTW, this is FreePBX support, not Asterisk or, PBXIAF, nor Digium. We don’t have a boat load of Asterisk experts.

It is not a matter of e-morality, but simply e-tiquette. I’d appreciate it if everyone would remain civil. Now lets all drop the subject and focus on the technical issue…

The bit of log shown does not indicate the cause of sluggishness that you describe. It would not be directly related either, although the warnings in the log could be the result of the config file tweaking you mentioned. If you are not also having issues with Google Voice, I’d suggest treating the log as a red herring and focus on general performance troubleshooting.

[quote]
The bit of log shown does not indicate the cause of sluggishness that you describe. It would not be directly related either, although the warnings in the log could be the result of the config file tweaking you mentioned. If you are not also having issues with Google Voice, I’d suggest treating the log as a red herring and focus on general performance troubleshooting.[/quote]

I snipped the log at those entries only because it keeps showing the same thing continuously.

I rebooted the box and it seems to be running ok now.

I correlated the performance hit to the log entries as I’d never seen them before until now, and in the past three months that I’ve been running this PBX this is the first time it’s ever done this. I’m just curious if the log is an indication of something going on in the background that needs correcting before it degrades the box again.

It is not an un-remote possibility that the issue expressed in the log is also a symptom of the larger problem causing performance issues, if its happens only when the performance begins to suffer. It just does not point to the problem itself, unfortunately.