Asterisk Manager Interface (astman) failure

Hi there,

After updating my Freepbx Distro install to FreePBX 12.0.1rc32 I am getting the Error Asterisk Manager Interface (astman) failure. I cannot receive any calls on the system. I wonder if anyone can help me?

Regards,

That normally means asterisk isn’t running. Try rebooting the machine? (Also, doing a ‘yum update’ before rebooting won’t hurt, either)

If I restart the asterisk with:

amportal restart

It works for a few minutes but fails again. Asterisk is running as all extensions and incoming outgoing calls are working. However in the web GUI some of the menu items are greyed out and do not work.

Now I receive this error:
retrieve_conf failed to sym link:
/var/lib/asterisk/bin/storage.php from sysadmin/bin (Already exists, not a link)
This can result in FATAL failures to your PBX. If the target file exists and not identical, the symlink will not occur and you should rename the target file to allow the automatic sym link to occur and remove this error, unless this is an intentional customization.

Please see the screenshot. Any help is much appreciated.

I have the same error after doing an EPM update:

I had problem with Fail2ban. Please try adding 127.0.0.1 to your white list (Admin>System Admin>Intrusion Detection). That fixed my problem.

Thanks for the reply… I actually do already have the 127.0.0.1 in there