Asterisk Logs Blank on New Distro Install

Tonight I did a brand new installation of the very latest Distro (32-Bit 1.88.210.57) and found that no Asterisk logs are being created. None. Full.* files simply don’t exist at /var/log/asterisk

I also did an installation of the last “Stable” Distro (32-Bit 1.87.29.55). Logfiles are there.

I saw that someone posted a bug report about logger.conf not being created. I’m guessing, but not certain, that it relates to this issue.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is this an Asterisk 1.8.8 issue or a FreePBX Distro issue?

What happens if you create the file?

touch /var/logs/asterisk/full

Also check that /etc/logrotate.d/asterisk is correct.

I posted this solution is another thread. Do a quick search.

I did some further investigation and it appears that all of the /etc/asterisk/logger*.conf files are empty. There’s a bug report on that issue as well. I’m guessing that without a properly configured logger.conf, Asterisk doesn’t log anything.

Do you have a /etc/asterisk/logger.conf?

This file is generated by FreePBX Core.

Yes, and it includes a number of “#Include” lines. However, each and every one of the included files is completely blank, except for the auto generation message.

I also installed the last stable version at the same time last night, and it properly generated the relevant files. I suspect that I can correct this merely by copying those files over.

At this point, I’m guessing there’s a problem with one of the installation scripts that’s causing it not to generate the relevant #include files.

See this bug report for more details:

http://www.freepbx.org/v2/ticket/5534

Also, see here for another, similar report:

http://www.freepbx.org/forum/freepbx/installation/nothing-is-logged-to-var-log-asterisk-full-after-a-new-installation

Ok I fixed the issue with no log file entries and pushed the changes into the kickstart.

Hooray!

Now can you rejigger the interface so that it looks exactly like 2.9, so I don’t have to re-write all the instructional documents that I wrote before?