Asterisk Logfiles not showing any calls

I am attempting to look through the asterisk logfiles for some details on a call only to find there is absolutely zero information from calls being written to the logs? I’m seeing phones go unreachable and then reachable but absolutely zero info on calls. Any ideas?

What do you see with

logger show channels

Run from the command line it just takes me to the next entry. No visual results but no error.

Run in Asterisk console.

ridiculously dumb question - is there a way to get to the asterisk console from the command line?

It depends entirely on your definition of “console”.

You can get to the Asterisk CLI from the system’s console by using “asterisk -vr”.

You can’t get to the Web Console from the Unix command line. It’s a web interface.

1 Like
Logger queue limit: 1000

Channel                             Type     Status    Configuration
-------                             ----     ------    -------------
/var/log/asterisk/fail2ban          File     Enabled    - NOTICE WARNING SECURITY
                                    Console  Enabled    - DEBUG NOTICE WARNING ERROR VERBOSE
/var/log/asterisk/full              File     Enabled    - DEBUG NOTICE WARNING ERROR VERBOSE

Everything looks right, both the console and /var/log/asterisk/full will have all call details. Know that log files are rotated daily and purged at 7 days.

I thought the same thing. I found /var/log/asterisk/full for today and the last 7 days. No call info at all. One of the weirdest things I’ve ever seen. I’m used to searching through the logfiles for errors and call disconnects but this is entirely blank of any sip traffic it appears

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.