Asterisk installation

sir i have installed fedora core 7 update all the packages which is needed to voip server.
at the end i apply this command
./install_amp

cat:var/lib/asterisl.conf does not exist

sir
i done it and i am very happy
thank you sir a lot of thanks

i have also apply this command
./install_amp
cannot connect the database

this usualy means one of two things.

1. you don’t have MySQL installed.
  2. you configured it with a non-standard password (i.e. the default that FreePBX expects) and didn’t provide the user name and password on the command line when you attempt to install it. To get all the options review the documentation under installation, or start by typing ./install_amp --help This will show you all the parameter passing options so that you can define the values it needs to connect.

sir i have installed
1)zaptel 1.4
2)Libri
3)mpg123
$)Asterisk 1.4
then i make a user of asterisk but i dont give it a password
then i have start the MySQL server
and apply the privileges
at the end
i apply this command
./install --username=asterisk --password=I DONT KNOW
kindly is it OK or not

sir i have installed
1)zaptel 1.4
2)Libri
3)mpg123
$)Asterisk 1.4
then i make a user of asterisk but i dont give it a password
then i have start the MySQL server
and apply the privileges
at the end
i apply this command
./install --username=asterisk --password=I DONT KNOW
kindly is it OK or not

That is to short of a description to know. Please go to the documentation section, and select the installation instructions for CentOS 5.1 or 5.2 and read them. It has all the steps and MOST IMPORTANTLY the dependencies and how to install them.

Installing a OLD version of Fedora core while better then installing the latest (10 or 11 beta) is kind of crazy as those releases are really a test program for potential changes they might make in the real RedHat program (which is shadowed by CentOS). They also only have a life cycle of maybe a year which means that you are installing something from 3 - 4 years ago.

Since it seems that you don’t know what you are really doing (otherwise you would have read the asterisk doc’s and know EXACTLY what and which versions of things you need and have installed) why not take a look at one of the pre-done distros like, PBX-in-a-flash, AsteriskNow (This is beta but good), elastix, etc. They are all pre-packaged and ready to roll and you can be up and working in 30 minutes. If you don’t like that idea and really want to build your own then take a look at the CentOS install directions for rolling your own since it is VERY close to what you are doing now but will give you the hand holding you seem to be needing and the CentOR/RedHat versions are designed to be around for a few years unlike Fedora.

Bleeding edge things are NOT good for phone systems.

Sir
please send me start to end setup of voip server on fedora core 7
sir i am a employ of private company and head of the company told
me if u make a voip server on fedora core 7 than u will be a employe
of company or you can leave this company if u help me so i will make a
voip server on fedora base or i will leave the company.
sir please help me.PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

He just told you how, read and follow the install guide, if you can not figure it out from there, then getting help beyond that you would only be setting up to fail.

Maybe you should just be honest and tell the boss that you cannot do it and move on.

sir
i have installed voip server
1)mysql is ON
2)asterisk is RUNNING
but at the end i have apply this command
./install_amp
connecting to database…FAILED
Try running ./install_amp --username=asterisk --password=amp109 (using your own username and password)
[FATAL]Cannot connect the database

please solve my problem
Thanks

Well your getting somewhere and learning something along the way.

Did you read the install for FreePBX pay attention to creating the MySQL users and setting up the tables and privs.

BTW, what would make you think that anybody in the forum would care if you keep your job or not? Did you expect that appeal to get more help? If my job was on the line I would have bribed someone to help me.

I have Asterisk installed on Debian.

Is it possible to install FreePBX on a running setup without damaging the current installation.

All the documentation I’ve seen appears to involved a full clean install.

Thanks

gb.

Freepbx writes out the config files from MySQL
So your current hand edited / created files would be overwritten / not included

You would have to recreate your setup withing the freepbx GUI and an custom coding would have to move to the _custom.conf files

Once more to be clear Freepbx does not read conf files, it writes them out from a DB

And while you can use deb. centos is a much better OS to use for asterisk / Freepbx

guybon,

Please don’t hijack a existing thread about one thing with another, it is considered rude. Please next time (or if you want to continue this) post a new thread.

The author of this thread is having issues with getting an install working on Fedora core 7 and your question has nothing to do with this topic or furthering his cause.

Thanks.

sir
i dont understand your answer today i try to connect the freepbx to database
but still the same problem.
cannot connect to database.
i want know whats the problem and how to solve this problem
sir please

sir
i have installed freepbx 2.5.0 and asterisk 1.4.
freepbx and asterisk working well but start time
of the server asterisk cannot start.
i will go to usr/src/freepx than i will
apply the command (./start-asterisk start)
asterisk started manualy.
i want the start time of the server asterisk
start automatic.

I’m sorry but what you are saying does is not clear.

You say “freepbx and asterisk working well” so it all works I take it.

then you say “but start time of the server asterisk cannot start.” If asterisk can’t start then it’s NOT working well.

Also ./start-asterisk start is not the proper way to start things.

Have you read the documentation? reviewed any of well written manuals from the “Without Tears” series. Yes they don’t have one for exact setup but 95% of the manual is generic for any system.

Without Tears series can be found here: http://members.optusnet.com.au/bsharif/contributions.htm

sir i have installed freepbx 2.3.0 all the modules are uploaded. but give me a some errore in dashboard (Could not reload FOP server)i dont know whats the problem here.

qasimkasi,

Please don’t take this the wrong way. Pick a platform and version and stick with it. You have now gone from Verision 2.5.x which is current to a old one that is about to loose support 2.3.0 which is not even patched to the latest patches.

You have not provided any detailed specifics which make it easier to help you.

You still using Asterisk 1.4? If you changed one thing how do we know what else has changed and guessing is not helping anybody so that’s why we are asking these questions.

Besides on March 1st you posted that everything was working and you were happy so why change things from that point.

for the prctice i have changed the freepbx version