Asterisk crashing - how can I log what is causing

I have an issue where it appears Asterisk is trying to dump a load of stuff to disk causing the host PC to crash.

This seems to stem from one extension calling into a ring group:
The extension in question is a Grandstream GXV-3500 which is configured as a door intercom providing audio and video.

The ring group consists of 7 Crestron TSW-1060 touchpanels and a Polycom VVX-600.

Sometimes this will work fine for a day or so, sometimes a few minutes after a call has been made.
The symptoms can be any of the following:

• The call doesn’t always hang up
  • The door release code ‘0#’ fails to work
  • Call goes dead

When the above happens there is about a minute or two delay then the PC will reboot.
The HDD LED will come on and glow red as if it’s trying to write a ton of stuff to disk.

I’ve tried directing the Grandstream simply to the Polycom and it ‘seems’ to work fine. I say seems as it did crash once.

I’d like to find out what is happening before the reboot. The logs after a restart don’t contain anything of note that I have been able to see using the FreePBX Asterisk Logfiles.

Is there any way to create a persistent log? Or if there is one already created, where do I find it?

Current Asterisk Version: 16.9.0
FreePBX 14.0.13.28

Thanks
-s

FTP
/var/log/asterisk

What does

/var/log/messages (/var/log/syslog if debian based)

say at that event?

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.