Asterisk CLI & Ansible

I use Ansible for my server management and I am attempting to use a command to ensure my trunk is online. (Sometimes, a random trunk is offline in the morning and issuing a simple “pjsip qualify TRUNKNAME” fixes it. I use IP based authentication with Flowroute.

So, since I don’t know why it isn’t coming online, and can’t seem to find anything in my logs, I was thinking I could use Ansible to centrally get the trunk back online.
I have used this command before to add an IP to the trusted firewall list on a couple of PBXs:

ansible --become-user=root -m command -a “sudo /usr/sbin/fwconsole firewall trust IPADDRESS” SERVERNAME This works perfect.

Now, I want to use a similar command to run the pjsip qualify command from Ansible. I have tried the following:

ansible --become-user=root -m command -a “/usr/sbin/asterisk -rx pjsip qualifY TRUNK” SERVERNAME

but I get the error “Unable to connect to remote asterisk (does /var/run/asterisk/asterisk.ctl exist?)non-zero return code”

Anyone have any ideas on this one? (I’d like to know why the trunk stopped coming back online after a reboot, AND I’d like to know how to get this command to work, as this could be useful for other tasks as well.)

Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.