Asterisk 15 - Woo Hoo - Video Conferencing!

Here is the announcement:

http://blogs.digium.com/2017/10/03/open-source-asterisk-15-released/

So I immediately switched over my Office system (Sangoma 7) to Asterisk 15 - as soon as I switched, I noticed I wasn’t getting any calls - Checked with queue show and here is what I saw:

(Local/4960@from-queue/n from hint:4960@ext-local) (ringinuse enabled) (dynamic) (Invalid)

for all my agents in all my Queues.

Notice how they are all Invalid - removing them and re-adding them made no difference - is this an Asterisk 15 thing or a FreePBX thing? Anybody else seen it? Dropped back to 13 for now, but I really want to start messing with the Video Conferencing!

Greg

Did you reload? Did you restart? I dont think it’s either Asterisk or FreePBX.

Just so you are aware video Conferencing only works on the web. Web conferencing between phones won’t work at all.

Of Course - Several Times.

As far as it being only web based, that is kind of better anyway - Because of the lack of standardization on the Video phones we have (Grandstream, Polycom and Yealink) it would have been weird to try and have a consistent experience - the Polycom is Low-Res, the Grandstream is a weird size and the Yealink is the best picture but it doesn’t match either of the other two.

In researching the error, several people talked about the Asterisk Realtime database having problems and the symptom being (invalid) showing for the agents - and asterisk-version-switch also restarts Asterisk twice - once when it’s installed and then again to reconfigure the FreePBX dialplan and then reload again.

I will play with it some more tonight after hours.

No issues with queues and 15 here:

freepbx*CLI> core show version
Asterisk 15.0.0 built by mockbuild @ jenkins7 on a x86_64 running Linux on 2017-10-03 13:44:17 UTC
freepbx*CLI> queue show  700
700 has 1 calls (max unlimited) in 'ringall' strategy (2s holdtime, 3s talktime), W:0, C:1, A:0, SL:100.0%, SL2:100.0% within 60s
   Members:
      5013 Aastra (Local/5013@from-queue/n from hint:5013@ext-local) (ringinuse enabled) (dynamic) (Ringing) has taken 1 calls (last was 43 secs ago)
   Callers:
      1. PJSIP/5014-0000002d (wait: 0:05, prio: 0)

The only time I have seen (Invalid) for an extension in a queue, is when the extension didn’t actually exist. Was your invalid extension actually otherwise working and able to make and receive calls?

Yeah, and when I rolled to 14 or 13, it worked fine - just 15 - I will play with it some more tonight.

Just noticed you are using PJSIP - Do you have any SIP Extensions?

Greg