Asterisk 13 and AlarmReceiver

I just now installed the stable 32 bit version of FreePBX with Asterisk 13. I had expected to get AlarmReceiver, as I understood it was part of Asterisk. However, when attempting to run it I got the error message:

[2017-12-06 10:55:30] WARNING[32713][C-00000003]: pbx.c:2864 pbx_extension_helper: No application ‘AlarmReceiver’ for extension (custom-myalarmreceiver, s, 5)
== Spawn extension (custom-myalarmreceiver, s, 5) exited non-zero on ‘PJSIP/18-00000003’

What am I missing? Is AlarmReceiver no longer part of Asterisk 13? Can it be added? If so, From where?

Thanks for your help.

Disabled by default, and there is no config for it. You need to first create the conf file with proper permissions /etc/asterisk/alarmreceiver.conf. Sample template here.

From the Asterisk console:

lgaetzdev2*CLI> module show like alarm
Module                         Description                              Use Count  Status      Support Level
app_alarmreceiver.so           Alarm Receiver for Asterisk              0          Not Running      extended
1 modules loaded
lgaetzdev2*CLI> module load app_alarmreceiver.so
Loaded app_alarmreceiver.so
lgaetzdev2*CLI> module show like alarm
Module                         Description                              Use Count  Status      Support Level
app_alarmreceiver.so           Alarm Receiver for Asterisk              0          Running          extended
1 modules loaded

Then confirm that the module loads when Asterisk starts with fwconsole restart. I haven’t touched this in years but never got anywhere with it, IIRC it crashed Asterisk every time I got an alarm call. Update the thread if you succeed.

Thanks for your replay. I got it to work with Asterisk 13, testing by typing a valid event code into a phone. Because I am running FreePBX in a VM without much memory, I also tried with earlier (lighter-weight) versions of FreePBX. With identical configuration, Asterisk 1.8.20.1 reports:

WARNING[8475]: channel.c:5011 ast_write: Codec mismatch on channel SIP/111-00000002 setting write format to slin from ulaw native formats 0x4 (ulaw)

but keeps running and also receives typed events properly.

Asterisk 1.8.17 produces the same warning, but then crashes.

I will report again when I have had a chance to test with my actual alarm, which is a commercial panel.

1 Like

I would also like to get this working on a Raspberry Pi. If you know how to do this or even better I can give you all the settings and if you can send me ISO that would be great.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.