FreePBX | Register | Issues | Wiki | Portal | Support

Asterisk 13 and AlarmReceiver

(Trinity Concord) #1

I just now installed the stable 32 bit version of FreePBX with Asterisk 13. I had expected to get AlarmReceiver, as I understood it was part of Asterisk. However, when attempting to run it I got the error message:

[2017-12-06 10:55:30] WARNING[32713][C-00000003]: pbx.c:2864 pbx_extension_helper: No application ‘AlarmReceiver’ for extension (custom-myalarmreceiver, s, 5)
== Spawn extension (custom-myalarmreceiver, s, 5) exited non-zero on ‘PJSIP/18-00000003’

What am I missing? Is AlarmReceiver no longer part of Asterisk 13? Can it be added? If so, From where?

Thanks for your help.

(Lorne Gaetz) #2

Disabled by default, and there is no config for it. You need to first create the conf file with proper permissions /etc/asterisk/alarmreceiver.conf. Sample template here.

From the Asterisk console:

lgaetzdev2*CLI> module show like alarm
Module                         Description                              Use Count  Status      Support Level
app_alarmreceiver.so           Alarm Receiver for Asterisk              0          Not Running      extended
1 modules loaded
lgaetzdev2*CLI> module load app_alarmreceiver.so
Loaded app_alarmreceiver.so
lgaetzdev2*CLI> module show like alarm
Module                         Description                              Use Count  Status      Support Level
app_alarmreceiver.so           Alarm Receiver for Asterisk              0          Running          extended
1 modules loaded

Then confirm that the module loads when Asterisk starts with fwconsole restart. I haven’t touched this in years but never got anywhere with it, IIRC it crashed Asterisk every time I got an alarm call. Update the thread if you succeed.

(Trinity Concord) #4

Thanks for your replay. I got it to work with Asterisk 13, testing by typing a valid event code into a phone. Because I am running FreePBX in a VM without much memory, I also tried with earlier (lighter-weight) versions of FreePBX. With identical configuration, Asterisk 1.8.20.1 reports:

WARNING[8475]: channel.c:5011 ast_write: Codec mismatch on channel SIP/111-00000002 setting write format to slin from ulaw native formats 0x4 (ulaw)

but keeps running and also receives typed events properly.

Asterisk 1.8.17 produces the same warning, but then crashes.

I will report again when I have had a chance to test with my actual alarm, which is a commercial panel.