ARI Custom Logic Configuration

Hello all!

I’m having an issue working with ARI and I think it comes down to me not understanding some Asterisk concepts and so I thought I’d give a shot to asking the forums.

For some background, the end goal that I’m looking for is this:

1. If there is an IVR configured on an Incoming Route, direct to the IVR
  2. If there is no matching IVR Incoming Route, default to the ARI application logic.

I have successfully tested ARI on my FPBX setup. I have the user setup, and by using a custom context (let’s call it [my-logic]) with a catch all (_.) in extensions_custom.conf. I set the trunk I’m testing with to this context and everything works (I tested using the hello-world example with NodeJS). The problem with this setup is that it ignores all of the IVR Incoming Routes. I think that makes sense as I’m redirecting all traffic for that context and it’s catching everything first and directing it to the ARI application.

My question is, how do I configure things so that the IVR routes set up in the GUI are respected, and everything else falls through to the ARI application logic? I can’t wrap my head around it, so I’m hoping someone can give me some guidance in the right direction.

If it matters, I’m currently using FreePBX version 15.0.23.11.

Thank you in advance!

I’m not sure I fully understand the ask, but it sounds like you’re asking, how do I create a FreePBX GUI destination that goes to my own dialplan/context. If so, then you can do that with a Custom Destination. Have an inbound route set to ANY/ANY and go to a custom destination that does a GoTo/GoSub to

my-logic,${FROM_DID},1

Wow… that actually worked!

Thank you so much!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.