We’re automating the creation of extensions by automatically populating the devices, sip and users tables with the appropriate entries. After the tables have been populated correctly, we believe we need to do 2 things.
- execute retrieve_conf in order the rebuild the conf files to include the new database entries.
- execute the ‘reload’ command from the Asterisk CLI in order for the new conf files to be implemented.
We would like to automate these two actions. This leaves us with a couple options we hope someone can comment on.
- Is there a way to perform the 2 actions above from a remote machine?
- Can we schedule these 2 actions to occur at regular intervals. (it would not be a big deal if the extension activated 5-15 min after we created it)
- Can we send a command (remotely) to the FreePBX web component and have it execute the commands.