Apply Configuration Changes

All;
Any help here would be greatly appreciated. I’m working on a customized version of find me/follow me in the user portal, although this question applies to almost any module. Once I update the necessary values in the Astdb and update all the necessary Mysql entries, how to I “Apply Configuration Changes” from my script? None of the database changes mean anything until extensions_additional.conf gets updated and rewritten. I’m going through the documentation but I have not come across it yet. Is it sufficient to run retrieve_conf and then do a asterisk reload?
Thanks
FSD

The new module that you are writing needs to have a function named _get_config in the modules//functions.inc.php file. This function is responsible for getting stuff out of mysql and into extensions_additional.conf. Once in place it is sufficient to run retrieve_conf etc as it calls _get_config for all modules that are “installed” and “enabled”

The new module that you are writing needs to have a function named [modulename]_get_config in the modules/[modulename]/functions.inc.php file. This function is responsible for getting stuff out of mysql and into extensions_additional.conf. Once in place it is sufficient to run retrieve_conf etc as it calls [modulename]_get_config for all modules that are “installed” and “enabled”