Appliance model from command line

Is it possible to get the appliance model from the console for FreePBX or PBXact?
I see the ‘fwconsole sysadmin info’ command but that just returns the zend deployment ID / name

I hope SOMEONE answers this. We’re trying to do the same thing - I assume you are doing automated asset management and want to be able to read the make/model/serial number automatically from the agent.

I tried to do this but can only find a Zen deployment number. Anyone at Sangoma have an answer?

Asset management is real important at larger companies, and I don’t want to have to manually get it from PBX’s at every audit.

I’m not really familiar, but i think this is more a CentOS question rather than a FreePBX question.

This sounds like a job for “feature request” - especially since you are trying to get specific information for your specific asset management system. Hint: the person that asks first get the best answer.

I actually want to avoid anything specific to one asset manager agent. Most (open source and some closed source) asset management agents let you run any script which writes to stdout:

Make: ABC
Model: DEF
Serial: 12345

etc. which is then shipped off to the server using the agent. So if there is any executable that I can call from a BASH script it will work perfectly! Sort of like ‘fwconsole sa info’ (which only gives a deployment number). I would like to get the Sangoma appliance model and serial number. I figure there must be simple way to get this; it’s probably already there I just cant find it!

It doesn’t make any difference how many different ways you ask the question - the answer is still the same.

We don’t store it anywhere. Sorry all we store is deployment ID.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.