Anyone here use on-premises FreePBX server/computer?

How many people can a Pi 400 take? How many concurrent calls? I assume it would be better than my 10 year old PC lol.

I cannot see you having any issues as this Pi is a 4 core Cortex-A72 chip at 1.8 GHz. Its memory is DDR4-3200 - very quick, Ethernet is 1 GbE 15-20 calls may sound like a lot but really call bandwidth is very small.

I meant to add, look at Voipfone as the provider as the sip trunk is free and unlimited (100 users) if you do I have the setup for the latest FreePBX. I also use voip-unlimited’s unlimited sip trunk £15 but calls slightly cheaper. We have them both so if one goes down the other becomes live.

Hi, this is for someone in the UK right? I will have a look at them. How can they give sip trunks for free?

Also, i am having a bit of an issue because we have both a branch in ROI and a branch in northern ireland which is classed as the UK. But if you are using two different sip trunk providers, i might do the same (use one for ROI and one for UK)

What about reliability? The old desktop PC isn`t good sollution.
I like to use a VM

I’m UK based and doubt it makes the slightest difference that you have a branch in ROI, they are both good companies with helpful staff. Please feel free to call them.

SIP trunks are not what most companies say they are; those would be the companies that want to charge you per head - its all nonsense sip trunks do not need to be ‘individual’ at all.

These companies make by either charging a monthly fee (£15) and for the calls you make or just the later. Call rates are also exceptionally good. I have used Voipfone for many years and never once had an issue.

The reason I decided to back it up recently (Voip-unlimited) was because the Russians hit Voipfone with a sustained DOS attack, then then hit others too but it solved my problem.

As for reliability what about it, we use Pi’s for all sorts one for display live video 3 crashes in 5 years we are fairly sure was power spike (suggested a UPS for that reason).

I don’t really want to use a VM. Would rather the simplicity of a bare metal computer/server.

I just got reminded its a bank holiday, you can’t call anyone, sorry. If you want to chat about this anyway google me (swiftmigrate).

We were talking to a UK company about porting our Irish number to them. However, they said any calls we make to Republic of ireland numbers (even from our Republic of ireland phone number/branch) would per billed at an international rate (The cost of a UK person dialling a republic of ireland number) because they use a UK telecoms provider.

So I was thinking of using an ROI Sip trunk provider for any calls made to ROI numbers and then UK sip trunk provider for any calls made to UK numbers

Costs are not that bad, we were offered 4 channels (so we can make 4 concurrent calls maximum) for 8 pound a month, plus costs of phone calls on top of that which we are happy with. But we don’t want to be paying international costs for dialling ROI numbers from an ROI phone as thats what we will be doing most of the time

I don’t know the position in ROI re sip trunks but either way I’d get FreePBX to route all your internal calls between north and south between itself so costing £0.00 per call.

Also why limit you company to 4 concurrent calls when you can have 100 for less cost (check call rates).

I’m just finishing off my notes on installing voipfone & Voip-unlimited on FreePBX 16. If you decide to look at either and need a little help just let me know and I’ll attach the PDF (monday).

Enjoy the weekend we’re off to the local :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.