Any way to update 5.211.64-1?

So I built a fresh install with FreePBX distro a few weekends ago (12/7/13), and found that our new Digium A8B card required DAHDI 2.8. I realized it was in beta, but I was up against a deadline - so I downloaded the 5.211.64-1 ISO, installed it, and everything seems to be running fine.

Now I see that there’s stable version 5.211.65. I’ve got SysAdmin Pro, and several other modules. I know it says .64 - which means CentOS version 6.4, but the ISO installed CentOS version 6.5 (final).

Is there any way to update the core system without having to format and start again - maybe with SysAdmin Pro? If there isn’t, can anyone provide me a guide on how to backup my settings so I don’t have to reconfigure everything after I reformat and reinstall?

Any insight is greatly appreciated.

So you’re saying few weeks ago a FreePBX Distro 5.211.64-1 ISO file was early released based on CentOS 6.4 instead of the (actual and correct) FreePBX Distro 5.211.65-1 ISO file which is CentOS 6.5 based?

If you perform a “cat /etc/schmooze/pbx-version” what is the result? 5.211.64-1 or 5.211.65-1?

If you perform a “cat /etc/redhat-release” whatn is the result? CentOS release 6.4 (Final) or what else?

While the FreePBX distro version is 5.211.64-1, the CentOS version is 6.5

“cat /etc/schmooze/pbx-version” = 5.211.64-1

“cat /etc/redhat-release” = CentOS release 6.5 (final)

That was a type on the initial beta. Just change that to be 5.211.65-1 and then a yum update will get the system upto the current 5.211.65-1 stable.

So basically an:

echo “5.211.65-1” > /etc/schmooze/pbx-version

should suffice to fix the pbx-version typo and let yum update to be performed as needed/requested.

Correct.

I had to wait until the weekend to do this. I updated the PBX version to 5.211.65-1. I haven’t run “yum update” yet, as I am concerned about doing so now that there is version “5.211.65-2”? Should I run “yum update” and then run the system update in SysAdminPro?

IMHO better to run the FreePBX Upgrade Script as indicated on the relevant FreePBX 5.211.65 Wiki page.

If you take a look at the script itself you will notice that it will perform a yum update of some selected RPMs used by (or necessary for) FreePBX Distro and it will then check for any necessary update of installed modules too.

Sometimes (in few very special cases) a manual (selective) yum update could help to fix very (few) specific issues before a system upgrade (or a module update) will take place but it’s always better to follow the standard (and official) recommended procedure: to upgrade the whole FreePBX Distro use its released Upgrade Scripts following the relevant wiki instructions (or use the FreePBX GUI via System Admin Pro).

If you want to just examine (and then manually selectively update) what updates are available simply do a:

yum check-update

or a

yum list updates

(I always do a yum clean all and a yum repolist before).

Sometime it’s useful to know via a

yum list recent

about any package added to any enabled repository in the last seven days just to make an idea about what’s happening on the (enabled) repositories side.

Thanks, everybody! I ran the update in SysAdmin pro, and it seemed to go ok. There was a small bug updated FOP2, but it just required uninstalling and then reinstalling the call forwarding module.

Any idea when we’ll see an update to the stable DAHDI 2.8?

DAHDI 2.8 is already in 5.211.65

It is, but I show I’m currently at 2.8.0rc5, and Digium has released 2.8.0.1 stable.