Any way to include asterisk in distro upgrades?

@freepbx people…

Is there any way you guys can provide dahdi from asterisk so that those of us with digium cards don’t have to recompile dahdi each time we to a distro upgrade? Or at least an optional script or a parameter that would do it?

that should have said “asterisk dahdi” in the subject.

The FreePBX Distro includes DAHDI. What are you referring to. We have full DAHDI RPMs

When you download from asterisk.org you get the full version with support for their latest “Optional DSP -based carrier grade echo cancellation module”.

We have all the firmware installed. Its not part of DAHDi RPM its the dahdi-firmware RPM.

Great! Since when? The last distro upgrade I did overwrote my version I got from asterisk.org and did not have the firmware. I had to recompile a new version again.

I also remember asterisk.org/digium not letting anyone distribute that firmware.

Just went to 5.211.65-1…

dmesg output…

dahdi: Version: 2.8.0
dahdi: Telephony Interface Registered on major 196
ACPI: PCI Interrupt Link [I0C0] enabled at IRQ 36
alloc irq_desc for 36 on node 0
alloc kstat_irqs on node 0
wctdm24xxp 0000:07:08.0: PCI INT A -> Link[I0C0] -> GSI 36 (level, high) -> IRQ 36
wctdm24xxp 0000:07:08.0: Failed to find a registered loader after loading module.
wctdm24xxp 0000:07:08.0: Failed to load the firmware.

At this point I usually have to download dahdi from asterisk.org and compile it myself to get the echo cancellation firmware.

Downloaded dahdi, recompiled…

dahdi: Version: 2.8.0
dahdi: Telephony Interface Registered on major 196
ACPI: PCI Interrupt Link [I0C0] enabled at IRQ 36
alloc irq_desc for 36 on node 0
alloc kstat_irqs on node 0
wctdm24xxp 0000:07:08.0: PCI INT A -> Link[I0C0] -> GSI 36 (level, high) -> IRQ 36
dahdi_vpmadt032_loader: module license ‘Digium Commercial’ taints kernel.
Disabling lock debugging due to kernel taint
eth0: no IPv6 routers present
wctdm24xxp 0000:07:08.0: Booting VPMADT032
wctdm24xxp 0000:07:08.0: VPM present and operational (Firmware version 125)

You are correct we do not include the old vpmadt firmware as it has not been used in years on cards

Why not include it for those who still own it? Do you include the firmware for the newer vpmoct card?

No as its a binary that Digium does not have rights to allow us to distribute in a RPM.

Confused because you said this earlier…
“We have all the firmware installed. Its not part of DAHDi RPM its the dahdi-firmware RPM.”

Yes all firmware accept the really old vpmadt as its someone else software that we could not get permission to build into a RPM.

Ok so then you do have vpmoct? I’ll upgrade to a new card if you guys support it.