Announcements - File # does not exist in any format

Hi

First of all, sorry if this is the wrong subforum for this, I was unsure where to put it.

I have recently moved my phones over from a trixbox to my own server running FreePBX 2.6.0.0 w/ Asterisk 1.6.2.0~rc2 on a virtualized Ubuntu 9.10 (64) box.

So far all has gone smoothly, except for the announcements.

I have the announcement wavs in /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/custom, and confirmed they are 16bit, 8000hz PCM encoded etc. These files were working on the old machine. It may be worth noting that in attempts to get this sorted, I have chmod’ed sounds and all files/folders inside to 777, and chown’ed the same to asterisk:asterisk

Now, for example, when a call goes through to the IVR called top, the announcement Welcome-Prompt should play. so I have set up the system recording, and set the announcement to this.

However, when a call is made, the announcement does not play. /var/log/asterisk/full shows the following:

[Nov 25 14:05:22] WARNING[28562] file.c: File Welcome-Prompt does not exist in any format
[Nov 25 14:05:22] WARNING[28562] file.c: Unable to open Welcome-Prompt (format 0x8 (alaw)): No such file or directory
[Nov 25 14:05:22] WARNING[28562] pbx.c: ast_streamfile failed on SIP/501-dc08f058 for Welcome-Prompt

I am totally at a loss how to proceed from here, so any help would be appreciated :slight_smile:

This post has several years now, but I got same problem here. Did you get it solved? Anyone knows how to solve this?