Annoucement when direct dial in IVR

Is there a way to add an annoucement when people do direct dial in IVR ?

Thanks.

Not sure what you’re talking about, but I’m sure there is!

I want customer who dial extension from IVR to have a message like ‘the call can be recorded’ play to them before transfering the call to the extension they dial.

thanks

Have the IVR select an announcement which falls through to the desired destination…

IVR > ANNOUNCEMENT > DESTINATION.

Of course you have to create an announcement for each destination, but you would use the same system recording.

I’m sure you could go in and wright custom codes, contexts, etc, but I try to stay away from that and trying to do everything from the GUI.

BF

Can you add a way do to that from the gui without doing it from every extension ?

Thanks

I am not sure I understand your question.

Who are you addressing it to?

Do you understand the fundamental tenant of Open Source software? The code is provided to you free of charge for you to do what you want with it. Making changes to the GUI requires programming skills.

You can also do what you want with the Asterisk extensions, a scripting language for call processing included with Asterisk. We provided “hooks” into the dial plan for your own code.

Asterisk extensions is easier to understand than raw programming code.

Folks in the forums will help you use stock FreePBX. Custom code is not going to be written for you.

You are also welcome to enter a feature request into the tracker for consideration and inclusion in the next version.

How many extensions do you have? I don’t think the manual process described is too cumbersome unless you have a large number of extensions.

Regards…Scott

I have 102 extensions, so that a lot of work to do that in 6 IVR.

Thanks.

Then send the inbound call to an “announcement” and then to the IVR.

I do not want to play that announcement all the time on inbound call, i just want to play that after they enter an extension to call.

Thanks.

Then you will have to do it on each extension, that is how the logic is designed. You are welcome to redesign it though.

Ok, so clearly with 1224 “point and click” events needed you can see the value in doing it programatically.

So you have two options:

1 - Learn how to program
2 - Pay someone to do it for you

Business 101

Ok thanks,
I have done it with custom dialplan and i see that you are not too welcome to suggestion to add features.

Thanks.

Have you gone through the proper channels and done a feature request?

As dicko says, this is open source, user supported software. Since you have solved the problem, even though it is custom dialplan, why don’t you share it with the rest of us.

BF

I have put this in extensions_override_freepbx.conf

[from-did-direct-ivr]
include => from-did-direct-ivr-custom
exten => 9999,n,Playback(custom/files)
exten => 9999,n,ExecIf($["${BLKVM_OVERRIDE}" != “”]?Noop(Deleting: ${BLKVM_OVERRIDE}: ${DB_DELETE(${BLKVM_OVERRIDE})}))
exten => 9999,n,Set(__NODEST=)
exten => 9999,n,Goto(from-did-direct,9999,1)

I am not sure how you figure that FreePBX is “not welcome to new features”, the team just introduced a new routing module that had significant developer time and work on 2.11 is well under way.

I am not a developer so I don’t have any idea how you inferred the team is not interested. As Bill said you need to put the feature request in track. I think Philippe works very hard to communicate his reasons and operate with transparency.

I have made a mistake

[from-did-direct-ivr]
include => from-did-direct-ivr-custom
exten => 9999,1,Playback(custom/files)
exten => 9999,n,ExecIf($["${BLKVM_OVERRIDE}" != “”]?Noop(Deleting: ${BLKVM_OVERRIDE}: ${DB_DELETE(${BLKVM_OVERRIDE})}))
exten => 9999,n,Set(__NODEST=)
exten => 9999,n,Goto(from-did-direct,9999,1)