Analog lines and Freepbx

Hi Scott,

Are there any tools (software or hardware - free or purchase) right now which I can use to test the analog line quality and the LBO thing you mentioned? So I can see whether is it necessary to get with hardware echo cancellation?

yeah, openvox is really cheap compare to others. Only risk it doesn’t have hardware echo cancellations. Which kinda worry me? No budget issue but I can only buy 1 card. If worst come to worst, I better off get the one with hardware echo cancellations.

If I go with Sangoma card, is it easy to install to freepbx distro? Will it be plug and play automatically? Or I still have to manually install. The reason I ask this as the sangoma distributor told me it is a bit different install for Sangoma cards compare to Digium and OpenVox. Not sure what they meant though?

Any help? Thanks.

Sangoma drivers are included with the distro (you should spend some time in our wiki and become familiar with what is included with the system.

As far as subjective things I can’t decide that for you.

There isn’t really anything you can use to test the line quality ahead of time. Most of the vendors allow you to purchase the hardware echo cancellation as an upgrade (it’s a board that goes on top of the main board).

Thanks Scott :slight_smile: That helps :slight_smile:

Hi everyone

Could I use linksys Instead of PCI card. Is it gonna be detect by distro freebpx.

It’s a network device, no “detection” and yes it is supported.

Please visit the wiki and check the commercial EPM supported devices.

Thanks

Thanks for your quick respond. Accurately We have 2 phone line and plan to use FreePBX Distro, As I read here I should use PCI card with FXO feature, But this kind of card is not available on the local market what I am asking how could I use syslink to connect phone line and from syslink to freepbx server, and which brand is recommended and I’ll be highly appreciate if you give me small diagram.

Laggards

what market are you in that cards are not available?