Anaconda problem

DNS is okay. I think that is repo problem.
Please share to me that repositories. And how to see repositories when installing FreePBX.

I have always had issues with the SNG7 USB img file when trying to install on SuperMicro systems. Did a couple back in February this year and it could never install properly. Various issues from either not seeing the drives, only see one of the two drives, reporting the drives had the wrong amount of free space and just general install issues overall.

Installing Ubuntu 18.x or CentOS 7.8 worked just fine. Drives were seen as normal, the right count and the right size of space. Installing the OS was fine and with no issues. Any attempts at the SNG7 USB img, problems.

Since we don’t do a lot of onprem systems and we end up doing a lot of customizing of things plus we don’t use a single commercial module for them…so I just did Ubuntu and installed Asterisk/FreePBX manually on them.

Did you try to install on VM?
Again for my part, everything works fine.
That means, it’s not an issue with the repo.

This is an apples to oranges thing and not a viable troubleshooting data point. That is, unless you’ve done a VM install using a physical USB IMG that you created (made a bootable USB stick). Otherwise I’m going to take a stab that the VM was installed by mounting a virtual optical drive with the ISO. The ISO != IMG and mounting the ISO directly without creating media (CD/DVD) to read from is also not the same.

The only time I’ve run into issues trying to install the distro on a hardware based system is when I’ve tried to use the USB IMG. Never had install issues using a DVD made from the ISO or mounting the ISO on a virtual drive to a VM.

That means it’s not a problem with the repos so.
I wonder if there is a boot option for USB with Storage mode or Device mode (or something like that).
I saw that on one or two appliances.

Did you click on the Debug button to get more details?

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.