[Amportal-users] create sip account

How to create sip account in freepbx ?

Post generated using Mail2Forum (http://www.mail2forum.com)

I setup correctly freepbx on fedora linux core 3
I create sip extensions but I can’t register a sip phone on the server to place a call?
The CLI> sip show peers       shows no sip register
 
Can you hel me?

Post generated using Mail2Forum (http://www.mail2forum.com)

I do this but in can’t register (connect) a sip phone.
The Cli> sip show peers … show 0 sip peers

-----Message d’origine-----
De : [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] De la part de Diego
Iastrubni
Envoyé : jeudi 8 juin 2006 11:59
À : [email protected]
Objet : Re: [Amportal-users] create sip account

DAO Adama wrote:

[quote] How to create sip account in freepbx ?

[/quote]
Login to the freePBX web GUI and follow this steps:

Extensions - > SIP -> … -> submit -> click the red bar at the top


Amportal-users mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/amportal-users


Amportal-users mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/amportal-users

Post generated using Mail2Forum (http://www.mail2forum.com)

No there is nothing defined in /etc/asterisk/extensions_additional.conf
This file in empty…

-----Message d’origine-----
De : [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] De la part de Diego
Iastrubni
Envoyé : jeudi 8 juin 2006 12:18
À : [email protected]
Objet : Re: [Amportal-users] create sip account

see if the phone is defined in /etc/asterisk/extensions_additional.conf

DAO Adama wrote:

[quote]I do this but in can’t register (connect) a sip phone.
The Cli> sip show peers … show 0 sip peers

-----Message d’origine-----
De : [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] De la part de Diego
Iastrubni
Envoyé : jeudi 8 juin 2006 11:59
À : [email protected]
Objet : Re: [Amportal-users] create sip account

DAO Adama wrote:

[quote]How to create sip account in freepbx ?

[/quote]
Login to the freePBX web GUI and follow this steps:

Extensions - > SIP -> … -> submit -> click the red bar at the top

[/quote]


Amportal-users mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/amportal-users


Amportal-users mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/amportal-users

Post generated using Mail2Forum (http://www.mail2forum.com)

I setup freepbx-2.1 on fedora core 3

[quote][quote][quote]ls -ldah /etc/asterisk
[/quote][/quote][/quote]drwxrwxr-x 2 asterisk asterisk 4,0K jun 8 11:31 /etc/asterisk

[quote][quote][quote] ls -lah /etc/asterisk/extensions_*.conf
[/quote][/quote][/quote]-rw-rw-r-- 1 asterisk asterisk 129 jun 8 08:36
/etc/asterisk/extensions_additional.conf

In /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf, I put
User asterisk
Group asterisk

-----Message d’origine-----
De : [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] De la part de Diego
Iastrubni
Envoyé : jeudi 8 juin 2006 12:35
À : [email protected]
Objet : Re: [Amportal-users] create sip account

Which distro?

The problem (IMHO), is that apache cannot write that file. Are you
running apache as “www-data” or “asterisk”?

ls -lah /etc/asterisk/extensions_*.conf

DAO Adama wrote:

[quote]No there is nothing defined in /etc/asterisk/extensions_additional.conf
This file in empty…

[/quote]


Amportal-users mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/amportal-users


Amportal-users mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/amportal-users

Post generated using Mail2Forum (http://www.mail2forum.com)

I have restarted the machine lot of times…
But yet I have stop and restart service httpd!
Freepbx-2.1 is stable? That is not a bug?

-----Message d’origine-----
De : [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] De la part de Diego
Iastrubni
Envoyé : jeudi 8 juin 2006 12:46
À : [email protected]
Objet : Re: [Amportal-users] create sip account

DAO Adama wrote:

[quote]In /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf, I put
User asterisk
Group asterisk

[/quote]Stupid question:
did you restart apache? I found that sometimes I need to stop, sleep 1,
and only then start.


Amportal-users mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/amportal-users


Amportal-users mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/amportal-users

Post generated using Mail2Forum (http://www.mail2forum.com)

Thank you infinitely for your assistance.
Here what I obtained :

[[email protected] ~]# su asterisk -c /var/lib/asterisk/bin/retrieve_conf
Checking for PEAR DB…OK
Checking for PEAR Console::Getopt…OK
Checking for /etc/amportal.conf…OK
Reading /etc/amportal.conf…OK
Reading /etc/asterisk/asterisk.conf…OK
Connecting to database…OK
SELECT * FROM extensions where context = ‘outrt-001-9_outside’ ORDER BY
extension, CAST(priority AS UNSIGNED) ASC [nativecode=1064 ** You have an
error in your SQL syntax near ‘(priority AS UNSIGNED) ASC’ at line 1]

Have you got a version of freepbx which is ready to install please?

-----Message d’origine-----
De : [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] De la part de Diego
Iastrubni
Envoyé : jeudi 8 juin 2006 13:04
À : [email protected]
Objet : Re: [Amportal-users] create sip account

It’s free software, it’s never stable :wink:

Lets try to find out what’s wrong:

su asterisk -c /var/lib/asterisk/bin/retrieve_conf

I may have some mispells, so you have to work arround it. This is the
command which pulls the data out of the SQL server and creates the
asterisk config files. It’s been run here with “su” to see what the
apache process sees.

Good luck

DAO Adama wrote:

[quote]I have restarted the machine lot of times…
But yet I have stop and restart service httpd!
Freepbx-2.1 is stable? That is not a bug?

[/quote]


Amportal-users mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/amportal-users


Amportal-users mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/amportal-users

Post generated using Mail2Forum (http://www.mail2forum.com)

Yes! I have setup freepbx-2.1.1 on fedora core 3

-----Message d’origine-----
De : [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] De la part de Rob
Thomas
Envoyé : jeudi 8 juin 2006 13:21
À : [email protected]
Objet : Re: [Amportal-users] create sip account

No it’s not - it means his database version does not match what’s really
in the database.

./install_amp --force-version=2.0.1

That tells the install script to upgrade all the databse tables from
2.0.1, and will fix that issue.

(PS: The 'unable to write to /etc/asterisk is usually selinux, but I put
a check in there in 2.1 to stop the install process and cry if it finds
selinux - are you running 2.1.1?)

–Rob

[quote] -----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On
Behalf Of Diego Iastrubni
Sent: Thursday, 8 June 2006 10:18 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [Amportal-users] create sip account

DAO Adama wrote:

Thank you infinitely for your assistance.
Here what I obtained :

[[email protected] ~]# su asterisk -c /var/lib/asterisk/bin/retrieve_conf
Checking for PEAR DB…OK
Checking for PEAR Console::Getopt…OK
Checking for /etc/amportal.conf…OK
Reading /etc/amportal.conf…OK
Reading /etc/asterisk/asterisk.conf…OK
Connecting to database…OK
SELECT * FROM extensions where context =
‘outrt-001-9_outside’ ORDER BY
extension, CAST(priority AS UNSIGNED) ASC [nativecode=1064
** You have
an error in your SQL syntax near ‘(priority AS UNSIGNED)
ASC’ at line
1]

Have you got a version of freepbx which is ready to install please?

That\s definetly a bug in freepbx. Can you open a bug report on this?

To your question:
2.1.1 should be stable. Wierd, you should not see such problem.

I am still using AMP 1.0.010 here, and I am migrating to
freePBX 2.0.1.
But I am definetly not the man to ask such questions :slight_smile:


Amportal-users mailing list [email protected]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/amportal-users

[/quote]


Amportal-users mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/amportal-users


Amportal-users mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/amportal-users

Post generated using Mail2Forum (http://www.mail2forum.com)

No it’s not - it means his database version does not match what’s really
in the database.

./install_amp --force-version=2.0.1

That tells the install script to upgrade all the databse tables from
2.0.1, and will fix that issue.

(PS: The 'unable to write to /etc/asterisk is usually selinux, but I put
a check in there in 2.1 to stop the install process and cry if it finds
selinux - are you running 2.1.1?)

–Rob

[quote] -----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On
Behalf Of Diego Iastrubni
Sent: Thursday, 8 June 2006 10:18 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [Amportal-users] create sip account

DAO Adama wrote:

Thank you infinitely for your assistance.
Here what I obtained :

[[email protected] ~]# su asterisk -c /var/lib/asterisk/bin/retrieve_conf
Checking for PEAR DB…OK
Checking for PEAR Console::Getopt…OK
Checking for /etc/amportal.conf…OK
Reading /etc/amportal.conf…OK
Reading /etc/asterisk/asterisk.conf…OK
Connecting to database…OK
SELECT * FROM extensions where context =
‘outrt-001-9_outside’ ORDER BY
extension, CAST(priority AS UNSIGNED) ASC [nativecode=1064
** You have
an error in your SQL syntax near ‘(priority AS UNSIGNED)
ASC’ at line
1]

Have you got a version of freepbx which is ready to install please?

That\s definetly a bug in freepbx. Can you open a bug report on this?

To your question:
2.1.1 should be stable. Wierd, you should not see such problem.

I am still using AMP 1.0.010 here, and I am migrating to
freePBX 2.0.1.
But I am definetly not the man to ask such questions :slight_smile:


Amportal-users mailing list [email protected]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/amportal-users

[/quote]


Amportal-users mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/amportal-users

Post generated using Mail2Forum (http://www.mail2forum.com)

Rob Thomas wrote:

[quote]No it’s not - it means his database version does not match what’s really
in the database.

./install_amp --force-version=2.0.1

That tells the install script to upgrade all the databse tables from
2.0.1, and will fix that issue.

(PS: The 'unable to write to /etc/asterisk is usually selinux, but I put
a check in there in 2.1 to stop the install process and cry if it finds
selinux - are you running 2.1.1?)

–Rob

[/quote]Rob,

Just to trace out those bugs, how about calling the retrieve_conf files
in such a way it outputs into a log file?
system( "…retrive_conf &> /var/log/asterisk/freepbx-retrieve-conf " )


Amportal-users mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/amportal-users

Post generated using Mail2Forum (http://www.mail2forum.com)

DAO Adama wrote:

[quote]Thank you infinitely for your assistance.
Here what I obtained :

[[email protected] ~]# su asterisk -c /var/lib/asterisk/bin/retrieve_conf
Checking for PEAR DB…OK
Checking for PEAR Console::Getopt…OK
Checking for /etc/amportal.conf…OK
Reading /etc/amportal.conf…OK
Reading /etc/asterisk/asterisk.conf…OK
Connecting to database…OK
SELECT * FROM extensions where context = ‘outrt-001-9_outside’ ORDER BY
extension, CAST(priority AS UNSIGNED) ASC [nativecode=1064 ** You have an
error in your SQL syntax near ‘(priority AS UNSIGNED) ASC’ at line 1]

Have you got a version of freepbx which is ready to install please?

[/quote]That\s definetly a bug in freepbx. Can you open a bug report on this?

To your question:
2.1.1 should be stable. Wierd, you should not see such problem.

I am still using AMP 1.0.010 here, and I am migrating to freePBX 2.0.1.
But I am definetly not the man to ask such questions :slight_smile:


Amportal-users mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/amportal-users

Post generated using Mail2Forum (http://www.mail2forum.com)

It’s free software, it’s never stable :wink:

Lets try to find out what’s wrong:

su asterisk -c /var/lib/asterisk/bin/retrieve_conf

I may have some mispells, so you have to work arround it. This is the
command which pulls the data out of the SQL server and creates the
asterisk config files. It’s been run here with “su” to see what the
apache process sees.

Good luck

DAO Adama wrote:

[quote]I have restarted the machine lot of times…
But yet I have stop and restart service httpd!
Freepbx-2.1 is stable? That is not a bug?

[/quote]


Amportal-users mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/amportal-users

Post generated using Mail2Forum (http://www.mail2forum.com)

DAO Adama wrote:

[quote]In /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf, I put
User asterisk
Group asterisk

[/quote]Stupid question:
did you restart apache? I found that sometimes I need to stop, sleep 1,
and only then start.


Amportal-users mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/amportal-users

Post generated using Mail2Forum (http://www.mail2forum.com)

Which distro?

The problem (IMHO), is that apache cannot write that file. Are you
running apache as “www-data” or “asterisk”?

ls -ldah /etc/asterisk
ls -lah /etc/asterisk/extensions_*.conf

DAO Adama wrote:

[quote]No there is nothing defined in /etc/asterisk/extensions_additional.conf
This file in empty…

[/quote]


Amportal-users mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/amportal-users

Post generated using Mail2Forum (http://www.mail2forum.com)

see if the phone is defined in /etc/asterisk/extensions_additional.conf

DAO Adama wrote:

[quote]I do this but in can’t register (connect) a sip phone.
The Cli> sip show peers … show 0 sip peers

-----Message d’origine-----
De : [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] De la part de Diego
Iastrubni
Envoyé : jeudi 8 juin 2006 11:59
À : [email protected]
Objet : Re: [Amportal-users] create sip account

DAO Adama wrote:

[quote]How to create sip account in freepbx ?

[/quote]
Login to the freePBX web GUI and follow this steps:

Extensions - > SIP -> … -> submit -> click the red bar at the top

[/quote]


Amportal-users mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/amportal-users

Post generated using Mail2Forum (http://www.mail2forum.com)

DAO Adama wrote:

[quote] How to create sip account in freepbx ?

[/quote]
Login to the freePBX web GUI and follow this steps:

Extensions - > SIP -> … -> submit -> click the red bar at the top


Amportal-users mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/amportal-users

Post generated using Mail2Forum (http://www.mail2forum.com)