AMI interface doesn't provide who answered the call

Hi to all,
I need some help to fix this for my company…
FIRST AF ALL:
I have the latest freepbx updated and fully working in a production call center environment with around 60 extension. In a few words, when a call comes from outside it will be routed to a simple ring group with around 40 of 60 extensions then, after 15 seconds, a queue will play a message to the client and will ring on all the 40 exentensions again.
NOW THE PROBLEM
we use a really customized crm (VTECRM from vtevillage) this is a port of vtiger… I have passed a full permission credential to access my AMI interface to the crm’s developer but the developper tells me that the AMI interface is not always reporting to him who answered the call but only the group ID, this varied if the call was answered directly by the incoming caller group, by a blind transfered call or attended.

with this problem what happens is that we see a lot of incoming call popups in our CRM instead of viewing only the popup referred to the answered call.

any Idea or a starting point to fix this?
many many thanks

Well you actually haven’t described what happens when an actual call comes in. How are you triggering these events to the CRM, what are actions are you triggering and when do they get triggered? What channel drivers are you using for this?

None of this is a FreePBX or Asterisk issue per se (outside of them just not being configured right) so we can try to help but like I said, it’s really not an issue that gets solved on this side.

1 Like

Thank you for your response,
unfortunately I’m not so expert about these implementations , the developer passed to me the ami response, he is sure that something must be done at the asterisk side but don’t want to collaborate with me to find a solution he tells me that I have to find a solution with the PBX provider… but I can ask to him about these triggers…

here is the AMI response, it this useful?
https://paste.ofcode.org/vE79BWQdSWLG3xjMSPPVmj

Well there are a few problems with your statement.

1. vTiger is an app that works with Asterisk to do certain functions, like be a CRM. So by default, vTiger should understand what Asterisk is doing. If it doesn’t then all of what it does is pointless.

2. Vtiger supports Asterisk Direct Gateway version 1.4 & 1.6 and Asterisk version 1.8 to 11 <-- That’s directly from their website.

3. You’re using a port of vTiger which means unless these guys have ported it to support Asterisk v12 or higher (at least v13) then it is missing all the changes since 12 including the CDR/CEL updates, the introduction of PJSIP as a channel driver.

4. Your log shows an incoming call and that endpoint 253 answered that call. Now that endpoint is a PJSIP endpoint so that could mess with this app being able to look for those events or that type of channel.

5. If you are using multiple contacts on an endpoint, i.e. 253 has multiple phones registered to it then you’re looking for the contact that answered the call. Off the top of my head, I’m not sure there is an event to show which contact.

6. You are showing us RTCP events which is media, so you can see which “contact” got the call by the To field. To 192.168.26.83:10083

So basically your developer ported a CRM that has no support for current versions of Asterisk and sounds like they’ve made no attempts at that themselves. They need to address this.

Since Asterisk is a Back to Back User Agent, from an Asterisk perspective, that kind of makes sense.

A call comes in to the PBX and is answered by the PBX. This interaction is the one that is passed to your AMI interface to start. After that call is answered, a new call is established to whatever entity is the destination for this type of call. If it’s a queue, the queue ID is passed back. If you continue to follow the AMI flow, the extension that answered the queue call should be available when the extension is bridged into the call.

You should be able to follow the AMI call flow to get the answering extension, though. Of course, the specifics of your call environment and extension setup will make a huge difference.

As a work-around, perhaps you should look into the CRM Commercial Module, since it has a VTiger interface already built in. At the very least, this should simplify the vendor’s job.

ok I understood I think that there is no way to fix this unless they change something on the crm side

ok I can try this, but please can you clarify to me what is the difference to use this VTIGER interface instead of the AMI? what are the parameters that I have to give to him if I buy this module? sorry I’m really noob about this environment but I have to find a solution in a way or in another…
many thanks

At this point you are using a variation of vTiger, which does not support Asterisk above v11. You are going to have problems due to this because a lot has changed in Asterisk including adding PJSIP, which you are using as your SIP driver of choice.

Your developer needs to have their software able to support the changes in at least v13, one of the current LTS releases, or you’re just going to keep running into issues. Until you can confirm you are using something that not only supports Asterisk v13 or higher but that is also needs to support PJSIP or anything new/updated, we aren’t going to be able to help out much.

This has been a common issue with a lot of third party apps that were “standards” for Asterisk since the release of v12 and all the changes. People just stopped updating their software and are pretty much leaving it to the users to figure out.

do you think that I will have issue even if I buy the crm commercial module as suggested by @cynjut ??

As I keep pointing out, the key thing here is whatever you get it must support current releases of Asterisk and if you’re going to use PJSIP, that as well. Buying the commercial version of something that doesn’t support your setup is a waste of money.

I think that the developer will never make a so deep change in his port, honestly I think that until the base vtiger crm doesn’t support a recent version of asterisk and pjsip driver the things will remain as they are… but I think that vtiger is a so common crm that is really strange that there is no workaround to this…

To be clear - VTiger is a CRM system. It isn’t designed to talk to any phone system. I’m pretty sure that the basic VTiger phone support the “LOCAL/ext” interface that is commonly used. You need to talk to the Sales people at Sangoma to see what their commercial interface supports.

thank you I wil try

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.