Always "starting asterisk" and missing images on CDR ver 2.4

Hello, I am new to freepbx so let me present myself:
my name is Alessandro and I live in Rome, Italy.
I just started playing with Asterisk and FreePbx and I think they are both great.
I installed both on DEBIAN Lenny 2.6, Asterisk is 1.4.18 and was installed with debian package system.
After that I installed FreePbx 2.3.1 and after a lot of module to unload I finally got both working but… not 100%.
In fact when I do AMPORTAL START this is it’s behaviour:

SETTING FILE PERMISSIONS
Permissions OK

STARTING ASTERISK

It seems to stop on line 123 of FREEPBX_ENGINE ( this is the code => /usr/sbin/safe_asterisk -U asterisk -G asterisk ),
and obviously it no longer starts FOP thus I have the yellow light lit on FreePbx system status.

In logfile FULL I can see ASTERISK READY and in fact ASTERISK can make and receive calls thus is functioning ok.

Trying to solve this problem I upgraded FreePbx to version 2.4 but the problem still exists and also i’ve added another problem,
it is no more possible to show the CDR records in the REPORTS page; below a piece of Apache error log:

[Sun Apr 06 18:17:07 2008] [error] [client 84.xxx.xxx.xxx] File does not exist: /var/www/css, referer: http://xxx.133.202.xx:8082/asterisk/admin/cdr/cdr.php?s=1&posted=1
[Sun Apr 06 18:17:09 2008] [error] [client 84.xxx.xxx.xxx] File does not exist: /var/www/asterisk/admin/cdr/images/clear.gif, referer: http://xxx.133.202.xx:8082/asterisk/admin/cdr/cdr.php?s=1&posted=1
[Sun Apr 06 18:17:10 2008] [error] [client 84.xxx.xxx.xxx] File does not exist: /var/www/asterisk/admin/cdr/images/corner-br.png
[Sun Apr 06 18:17:10 2008] [error] [client 84.xxx.xxx.xxx] File does not exist: /var/www/asterisk/admin/cdr/images/corner-bl.png

Please can someone help me?
Many thanks in advance and best regards
Alessandro

I think your problem is that perl on DEBIAN is in a different place then the FOP scipt expects so fails. I don’t use DEBIAN to be sure but that sticks in my mind as something I’ve seen before. If you search the forum I know I’ve seen this mentioned before. If I’m correct in remembering this you’ll also need to update several other scripts that end in .pl. one is ampbackup.pl in /var/lib/asterisk/bin there are one or two others but I can’t remember them off the top of my head. Search the /var/lib/asterisk and /var/www/html directory structures for perls files.

Thanks for your help.
Yes I think the problem is in system behaviour differently from system to system.
In effect the code stops inside safe_asterisk start script ( nice -n $PRIORITY ${ASTSBINDIR}/asterisk -f ${CLIARGS} ${ASTARGS} >& /dev/${TTY} < /dev/${TTY}, it remains into the loop and after the command is executed, doesn’t passes back
to the caller, I tried the same command from a shell and the result is the same, asterisk started but no # after the command is executed, it seems that the shell remains attached to the command that was executed. I continue to investigate
Thanks a lot
Alessandro