Allowlist Multiple Lists Somehow?

I have been using Allowlist for a month or two and it is really nice. Thanks @mitchmitchell and probably others.

I don’t know how I did it, but using Allowlist v.15.0.9, FreePBX v.16.0.10.43 and Asterisk v.16.20.0, it looks like I have four lists:

The contents of each list looks the same as the others. When I try to delete a list, it seems to be successful, but a refreshed page shows it didn’t delete. I went into one of the lists and deleted all the contents thinking that only an empty list could be deleted, but now all contents in each list has been deleted.

Maybe I shouldn’t be running Allowlist v.15 with latest FreePBX?

Where did you get that one? I have some code I have been working to allow multiple lists but nothing out in the wild yet.

You should be fine running with the latest FreePBX version, I do with no problems. but my page looks like this:

You should be able to get it from the Edge track through module admin.

If you grabbed it from my GIT repo you got a work in progress and should switch to the published one.

Yeah - I must have pulled it from your GIT repo while attempting to locate the latest one. I pulled v.15.0.12 from FreePBX and all seems well, now.

Thanks. And thanks for the module!

1 Like

Just a note, but when I enable Edge and check for updates, Allow List returns that it is not available online.

You also need to enable unsupported I assume.

Thanks. I didn’t mention it before, but Unsupported (and Extended) were selected.

You went to advanced settings and set module admin to edge mode, selected edge and unsupported on the module admin screen?

Also make sure you removed the directory in /var/www/html/admin/modules/allowlist – if you installed it from git it may not pick up the edge track.

Well, I don’t think you (or anyone else) needs to take any more time with my issue as I am sure I am doing something wrong, plus I currently have a working Allow List module installed (via download from FreePBX GIT) and working. But, if you are curious as I have been, I did check one more time. The steps I followed were:

Removed current Allowlist via GUI Module Admin and clicked on “Apply Config” changes and waited for Reload.
ssh into PBX and did not find allowlist directory to remove under /var/www/html/admin/modules/
In Advanced settings, I enabled Edge mode and clicked on “Apply Config” changes and waited for Reload.
Went into Module Admin and made sure Unsupported and Extended were selected, but found nothing to select “Edge” on any tab.
I see on the Module Admin Summary tab that Edge Mode is enabled.
Back to Module Update tab and selected Check Online, but Allow List does not show up.

Again, I ssh into PBX and get a notice:

NOTICE! This system has EDGE mode enabled. For more information visit Edge vs Stable - PBX GUI - Documentation

I then tried via command line:

fwconsole ma install allowlist --edge

and received:

Edge repository already enabled, ignoring option
Unable to install module allowlist:

• Cannot find module
    Updating Hooks…Done
    Chowning directories…Done"

and then:

fwconsole ma upgrade allowlist --edge

and receive:

Edge repository already enabled, ignoring option
No repos specified, using: [standard,unsupported,extended] from last GUI settings
allowlist is not a locally installed module, unable to upgrade
Updating Hooks…Done
Chowning directories…Done

After disabling Edge from GUI Advanced settings, I then tried via command line:

and received:

Edge repository temporarily enabled
Unable to install module allowlist:
Cannot find module
Updating Hooks…Done
Resetting temporarily repository state

and then:

fwconsole ma upgrade allowlist --edge

and received:

No repos specified, using: [standard,unsupported,extended] from last GUI settings
allowlist does not exist online, unable to upgrade
Updating Hooks…Done

So, just to try something else, I downloaded the module from GIT/FreePBX and uploaded it to the PBX via GUI and tried via CLI:

and received:

Updating tables …Done
Generating CSS…Done
Module allowlist version 16.0.1 successfully installed
Updating Hooks…Done
Resetting temporarily repository state"

Running “fwconsole ma install allowlist” (without --edge) returned same results.

Allowlist is published to FreePBX mirror for version 15 and up. It’s not necessary to enable edge to install, and you don’t want to keep it enabled on a production system.

If you’re on an earlier version you will want to install from git. If you are on 15/16, then please provide the output of

fwconsole setting MODULE_REPO

I started looking for Allow List while running v.15 (installed from .iso). I recently did a fresh install of v.16 same way. Neither allowed for finding allowlist from Module Admin. With v.16, Module Admin didn’t offer allowlist with or without Edge enabled.

Output:

Setting of “MODULE_REPO” is (text)[https://mirror.freepbx.org]

And do you get the same result from bash:

fwconsole ma downloadinstall allowlist

This is what I get:

Downloading module ‘allowlist’
The following error(s) occured:
Retrieved Module XML Was Empty

I just noticed that Allow List is available for download. It updated as expected and is signed.

Thank you!..

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.