Allowlist module - wrong logic or wrong processing order?

I want known friendly numbers bypassing call screening and spam checking. They should ring directly.

The original version jumps for all non-allowed numbers. These won’t run through Superfecta then (nor through Privacy also if enabled). With Allowlist enabled, Superfecta is not possible for all non-whitelisted callers.

Oh I think you’re not understanding what Allow List is for and thus have the wrong expectations. The Allowlist is nothing more but the reverse logic of a Blocklist. So if the Blocklist allows any number but those in the Blocklist then the Allowlist won’t allow any number that is not in the Allowlist through. Generally, in both case the logic is to drop the calls that are blocked/not allowed but both modules allow you to send them to a custom destination other than returning a congestion.

It seems you’re trying to use this to route calls based on who is calling vs a simple check of “is this an allowed caller”.

So again, Blocklist is for when you only want to block certain callers/prefixes while letting all other calls flow through normally. While the Allowlist is for when you only want certain callers/prefixes to pass through and every other caller be blocked. Neither are meant for routing calls normally but just to a specific destination.

But neither the Blocklist nor the Allowlist in the original way can put listed friendly callers on a bypass route, so they avoid spamchecking and call screening. I simply want to put allowed numbers on a “direct way” to their destination. And I did not see any way to do this with the available modules.

My switch gives this ability. And if not switched to on, it won’t change anything in the original behavior. With this version of the module and the switch set to off you shouldn’t see any difference.

How many numbers are we talking here? You could just make an Inbound Route per callerid number that you want to allow that doesn’t do spamchecking or call screening, just sends them to the destination.

Or perhaps the Dynamic Routing module could work in all this someplace.

Around 40-50 Numbers for now, increasing. Nothing for different routes. Plus, the autoadd is pretty interesting :smirk:

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.