All calls suddenly placed on hold, no way to recover

After updating some modules this morning, we are experiencing a serious issue with our FreePBX system.
Calls (whether incoming or outgoing, external or internal) are immediately placed on hold, and there doesn’t appear to be any way to recover them.

We have 8 Polycom VVX 500 phones, and when the call is ringing, everything looks good, but as soon as the call is answered, the display changes from displaying the called number to “Held:XXX-XXX-XXXX”, and the line shows the call on hold. X-Lite does the same.

The hold appears to be coming from something besides the device. If I establish a call between my Polycom to my cellphone, the Polycom displays “Held:CELLPHONE”, and there is silence on my cellphone. If I place the call on hold from my Polycom, I hear our FreePBX’s MOH through my cellphone.

Using XLite is the same, although XLite reports “On hold by other party.” Again, if I place that call on hold from X-Lite, I immediately hear the MOH through my cellphone.

We can call out, but get silence once the connection is established. We can receive calls, but get silence on connection. We can call the Voicemail system, but immediately get silence. The phones appear as if the calls are on hold from the other side. If we call the voicemail, the call eventually disconnects, as there apparently is no activity, even if we dial our password.

Any help would be appreciated.

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: No Sound after updates last night