Algo Paging with expanded zones "Access Denied"

So I have an Algo 8373 paging adapter which works fine, until I try to use the “Expanded Zones” option. Algos have the option to use “Basic Zones” that go from zone 1-6 for paging. If you want more zones you can enable “Expanded Zones” which range between 10-50. I’m able to page fine using zones 1-6 (Basic Zones), but the Expanded Zones are giving me trouble. The Algo is set to use DTMF selectable zones, which means after I dial the paging extension, I have to enter 1 for zone 1, 2 for zone 2 and so on.

The thing with Expanded Zones is that you have to dial *10 in order to page zone 10, then *11 for zone 11 and so on. Problem is when I dial the paging extension, then enter *10 to page zone 10, I get an “Access Denied” message. I know that *10 is a feature code for “Contact Manager Speed Dial”, but dialing *11, which isn’t a feature code also gives me “Access Denied”.

I’ve looked around and I can’t figure out what I should be looking for to fix this. Wasn’t able to find anything on any forums either. If anyone has any suggestions, I’d love to hear them.

Thanks!

Can you post a call trace?

https://wiki.freepbx.org/display/SUP/Providing+Great+Debug#ProvidingGreatDebug-Backtraces(Segfaults/CoreDumps/AsteriskCrashing)

Thanks for the reply!

But I think I figured out what was going on. I looked in the Asterisk logfile and it was showing that when I dial *11, the PBX was entering it as *1 (Feature code for call recording). That’s why I kept getting the “Access Denied” message.

So then I started using different numbers starting with *31 and I was able to page without getting denied. I should be good to go now.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.