After upgrade and restart to latest version Amportal fails - mysql listening

I had the following error after upgrading my freePBX (Schmooze) distro from a new install. After reboot, I had the following:

Please wait…
/usr/local/sbin/amportal: line 46: [FATAL]: command not found

/var/lib/asterisk/bin/freepbx_engine: line 98: [FATAL]: command not found
**** WARNING: ERROR IN CONFIGURATION ****
astrundir in ‘/etc/asterisk’ is set to but the directory
does not exists. Attempting to create it with: 'mkdir -p ’

mkdir: missing operand
Try `mkdir --help’ for more information.
**** ERROR: COULD NOT CREATE ****
Attempt to execute 'mkdir -p ’ failed with an exit code of 1

Luckily, I noticed upon init 3 that the box said that mysql could not start and that there was another daemon already listening on the default sql port.

I did the following:
init 1

mv /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock.bak

service mysqld start

shutdown -r now

After that, everything was right in the world again.
I’m not sure if this is a CentOS issue, or a FreePBX issue but it consumed about an hour of my time figuring it out.
Hopefully this will help some one out that may be experiencing the same issue after a new insatll, module upgrade to the latest, and the reboot.

next time just run:

yum install mysql-init-fixer

Because next time you lose power you will have to go through this all over again unless you install the RPM I just listed.

Why is this not included in the distro then?
I didn’t lose power. All I did was reboot the box after a fresh install from the iso I downloaded from the website. Why did it do this on a fresh install?

I think I’d be more upset about it if a) the rest of the software wasn’t completely awesome, and b) it’s free. Ha! Frustrating, but as the fix was easy to find here on the forums, I think I’ll just stick with, “Thank you for your help!” :slight_smile: