After restore Incoming DID set shows multiple "Any" Routes, cannot delete them and Zaptel routes do not show

After restoring I’m showing multiple Any routes and cannot delete any of them. Screen shots are provided including error when trying to delete a route.

What version were you running when you did the backup?

Doing a backup and restore across different versions (of freepbx or asterisk) is a crap shoot. Between versions of asterisk (1.2 to 1.4) there were MANY changes and not everything can translate properly.

As versions of FreePBX become newer things are added to the mysql databases. Sometimes it is a new field in a table, other times it is a totaly new table.

So that being the case if you restore from a version that didn’t have something that 2.4 needs then you will have problems, that might be the case here.

When the restore process happens it takes the database from version X and replaces the current version with that version.

2.1.3 and asterisk 1.2

to a machine on asterisk 1.4

Just wondering why multiple Any routes would show. The amount is the same as the zaptel routes I had in place.

not sure, but you have several issues going on. FreePBX 2.1.3 to 2.4 has database changes if I remember correctly so that is problem 1. Next you switched from Asterisk 1.2 to 1.4 and there are differances in some things there and how some stuff is stored. So that will be problem 2.

Your best bet is review the posting here and on trixbox.org about doing a restore on 2.4 from a earlier version. there was some directions provided on how to address portions of the problems like the now missing fields in the database.

The best course of action people have posted when switching to asterisk 1.4 from 1.2 is to write EVERYTHING down and just spend the time re-entering it. The best luck in backing up and restoring between asterisk 1.2 to 1.4 is when the freepbx version is the same on both ends.

So basically I should upgrade the 2.13 machine to 2.4 first. I’ll look at the post on trixbox.org too, thanks for your help.

That will at least get you a lot fewer problems as the underlying database you are backing up and restoring to are going to be the same so Freepbx will not be upset about missing database fields. Also some of the earlier 2.x builds (2.1 or 2.0) had backup issues and didn’t backup everything needed due to a bug that was fixed when 2.2 came out.