After Agent Transfers a call they remain Busy

Current Asterisk Version: 13.11.2
FreePBX 13.0.188.8

We have a couple of queues setup with dynamic agents. If they receive a call and then transfer it to another extension, they remain busy until the call is completed.

The only way they can take another call in the queue is to manually grab it using FOP.

From what I have read online, other people have had this issue.

Is there a known fix?

Thanks

Read the tool tip for the ‘skip busy agents’ field, there is a specific config arrangement that will cause this.

Thanks - Will look into that now.

1 Like

I’ve had a look at the ‘Tip Tools’ for this.

We have ‘Agent Restrictions’ set to ‘Extensions Only’ and I have tried ‘Skip Busy Agents’ as ‘Yes’ and also ‘Queue calls only (ringinuse=no)’

Both the options still have the same issue.

Is there something I am missing?

Thanks

How are your agents logging into the queue?

We are using FOP2 to get them logged in and out of the queues.

And that is where your problem lies. They are not logging in the agent correct would be my guess.

Try logging in your agents with the FreePBX feature codes and I bet it works fine.

Thanks for the suggestion, will go and do further testing.

I have same problem, which is easily reproduced. It doesn’t make any difference if I use FreePBX feature codes to log agent in and then log into the queue. Using asterisk 13.13.1 and FreePBX 13.0.190.11, Queue Module 13.0.32.1.

So:
*11+[Agent Extenstion]+[Agent Password]

Results in this:

> 298 has 0 calls (max unlimited) in 'rrmemory' strategy (1s holdtime, 51s talktime), W:0, C:30, A:9, SL:96.7% within 15s
>    Members:
>       Agent (Local/308@from-queue/n from hint:308@ext-local) with penalty 4 (ringinuse disabled) (dynamic) (Not in use) has taken 2 calls (last was 161 secs ago)

but after call transfer this same agent won’t be given any new calls. Queue show is indicating that he’s still in the call even though he is free:

> 298 has 0 calls (max unlimited) in 'rrmemory' strategy (1s holdtime, 51s talktime), W:0, C:30, A:9, SL:96.7% within 15s
>    Members:
>       Agent (Local/308@from-queue/n from hint:308@ext-local) with penalty 4 (ringinuse disabled) (dynamic) **(in call)** (Not in use) has taken 2 calls (last was 286 secs ago)

This issue has been reported, but closed:
http://issues.freepbx.org/browse/FREEPBX-13248

It would seem this is problem of Asterisk, not FreePBX, but not sure:

Please excuse me if I missed something. Is anyone aware of a fix, solution, workaround?

Thanks
Andrej

This is a bug in Asterisk 13, and is somehow related to wrapup time. If you set wrapup time to zero, I think you will find that things work properly. As soon as you increase wrapup to a single second, then you get the behavior described. Please test and confirm this.

I think this open Asterisk bug covers it:
https://issues.asterisk.org/jira/browse/ASTERISK-26400

If you can live without wrapup time, then you are fine for now. If you downgrade Asterisk to 11, you will probably see that the bug is gone.

edit: Resolved in Asterisk 13.17 which is now available for the Distro.