After adding IAX extension, asterisk falls on its face

Good evening!

I have a fresh install of asterisk 11.6.0, no DAHDI, no Libpri (It’s on a cloud server, solely used for IAX and/or SIP), all held together with FreePBX 2.11.0.11 on top of Ubuntu 13.10 64-bit.

With my IAX2 trunk (VoipStreet) and just my SIP deskphone, the system works great. Inbound and Outbound calls with no problem. The second I add an IAX2 extension for my softphone (Zioper android app), I get a busy signal when trying to make calls TO my phone server. Even if I don’t involve it in any inbound routes. I can make outbound calls, and I can make internal calls without a problem.

The worst part? The full log shows nothing useful. I set verbose to 999 and debug to 999, and this is the only information printed from the time I dial the number and receive the busy signal:

[2013-11-11 21:26:33] DEBUG[9532] manager.c: Running action 'Command' [2013-11-11 21:26:33] DEBUG[9532] manager.c: Running action 'Command' [2013-11-11 21:26:33] DEBUG[3332] chan_iax2.c: Determining if address 64.136.174.24 with username (null) requires calltoken validation. Optional = 1 calltoken_required = 0 [2013-11-11 21:26:33] DEBUG[3332] chan_iax2.c: ip callno count incremented to 3 for 64.136.174.24 [2013-11-11 21:26:34] DEBUG[3336] chan_iax2.c: schedule decrement of callno used for 64.136.174.24 in 60 seconds [2013-11-11 21:26:35] DEBUG[3331] chan_iax2.c: ip callno count decremented to 2 for 64.136.174.24 [2013-11-11 21:26:36] DEBUG[9541] manager.c: Running action 'Login' [2013-11-11 21:26:36] DEBUG[9541] manager.c: Running action 'Command'

Something tells me a setting is breaking the IAX module, but I’m not that skilled with freepbx or asterisk yet. Below is my /etc/iax_additional.conf file

[503] deny=0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0 secret=android503 transfer=yes context=from-internal host=dynamic type=friend port=4569 qualify=yes dial=IAX2/503 [email protected] permit=0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0 requirecalltoken=yes callerid=Test Cell IAX <503> setvar=REALCALLERIDNUM=503

[voipstreet]
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
host=chi-out.voipstreet.com
secret=[DELETED]
type=friend
username=[DELETED]
calltokenoptional=0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
requirecalltoken=no
context=from-trunk-iax2-voipstreet

[voipstreet_in]
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
context=from-trunk
host=chi-in.voipstreet.com
insecure=very
secret=[DELETED]
type=friend
user=[DELETED]
username=[DELETED]

Also, I have disabled calltoken requirements for VoipStreet to work. You will find the ‘calltokenoptional’ line in the below /etc/iax_general_additional.conf file

mailboxdetail=yes tos=ef disallow=all allow=ulaw allow=alaw allow=gsm calltokenoptional=0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0 codecpriority=host delayreject=yes jitterbuffer=no maxregexpire=3600 minregexpire=60

Is there perhaps a different log I should be checking? I’m at a dead end and could use some pointers or suggestions. Thank you!

did you add the calltoken through the IAX2 settings module?

Also the context you have set is not valid unless you made a custom context (should be from-trunk).

Lastly insecure is a SIP variable not IAX.

The calltokenoptional line I added through
Settings->Asterisk IAX Settings->Other IAX Settings
In FreePBX

I removed the insecure variable, as well as the two calltoken lines from the [voipstreet] section. Those were a mistake leftover from before I found the ‘Other IAX Settings’ option.

Also, the line which reads ‘context=from-trunk-iax2-voipstreet’ appears to be set upon saving the trunk in FreePBX. I didn’t enter that line. However, to facilitate testing, I manually changed it in iax_additional.conf and ran amportal reload

Unfortunately, none of the above changes have helped. I have included the newest version of my iax_additional.conf

[503] deny=0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0 secret=android503 transfer=yes context=from-internal host=dynamic type=friend port=4569 qualify=yes dial=IAX2/503 [email protected] permit=0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0 requirecalltoken=yes callerid=Test Cell IAX <503> setvar=REALCALLERIDNUM=503

[voipstreet]
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
host=chi-out.voipstreet.com
secret=[DELETED]
type=friend
username=[DELETED]
context=from-trunk

[voipstreet_in]
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
context=from-trunk
host=chi-in.voipstreet.com
secret=[DELETED]
type=friend
user=[DELETED]
username=[DELETED]

Thanks for your help so far!