Admin is always logged

Hello there,

I am trying to find where or what is causing that if I type the IP address of my FreePBX it is always opening -Admin Panel with admin signed in. There is no difference if I will do it from the server or from the workstation, it is always Administrator logged in. It is a quite critical issue for me. There is a bunch of employees and they can mess up with settings. I tried to google it and use a search here but tbh, I have no idea what should I look for.

I thought if maybe I will install Administrator manage module that may change something but I don’t see this module to download. Any suggestions? All will be helpful to my basic knowledge.

Thank You.

Does the browser you are using have the credentials saved?

Maybe the GUI is unlocked? Read here:
https://wiki.freepbx.org/display/L1/amportal+commands#amportalcommands-Unlock

comtech thanks for the reply, the thing is that no matter where I will type the IP it is opening Admin panel with Admin logged in.
We have around 35 workstations, server, fax server etc. and anywhere I type the IP address of PBX it is doing the same thing

This is exactly what @comtech said! Check if auth is enabled…

I got it, but I cannot get a session ID because there is no Admin login. Found that the session is located at main screen either but when I typing the IP of the Phone System it is redirecting me to the Admin Portal. If there is any different way to locate session ID? And if you can direct me with it that would be great.

When I am getting session from UCP it is telling mi that session is invalid.

FreePBX 13.0.195.4

How did you do your install seems you have your PBX setup with no auth enabled.

Actually, I got it already installed to manage so, if there is any way to check it I would like to check it either. I know that may be basics but I started form 0 knowledge and still learning so If I’m asking dummy questions sorry about it.
Can I enable it somehow? via SSH to change some config or install some reposits?

Did you read this?

Yes, couple times and tried to do it but like I said

@Muszka
I cannot get a session ID because there is no Admin login. Found that the session is located on main screen either but when I typing the IP of the Phone System it is redirecting me to the Admin Portal

I don’t have an idea where to find Session ID

In the upper right part of the screen, of the web browser. There is a gear icon. Can you select the logout? Does that take you back to the login portal?

@comtech
Unfortunatelly, It is not that easy :slight_smile:

What happens if you create an administrator named admin, under the Admin>administrators module?

There is no Administrator Module. And it is not visible under Module Admin to install.

Is standing up a new FreePBX server on the official distro an option? You could slowly move over to that, also brings you a little more current?

Otherwise I imagine you are going to have to do additional work on the backend/db. Even if you resolve the issue, there could be future unforeseen issues.

If you don’t see the administrators module then you don’t have auth enabled. strong text

Is there any way to enable it? I know this steps https://wiki.freepbx.org/display/L1/amportal+commands#amportalcommands-Unlock But I need Login screen or “Main Screen” to find Session ID. Do we have any other possibilities?

How did you install FrrePBX?

It is hard to tell, It was not installed by me.

In advanced settings what do you have authtype set to?

1 Like

The only fields I was able to find for an authentication are:

And these are set by default.

Also, I found

and as it is explained on a wiki I can " customize your FreePBX modules to an extra degree". I am thinking if maybe there is a way to add Logout button or something? And if I will want to try this way, will I have to rearrange the whole menu there or I can add just extra modules?