Add to kvstore using fwconsole kvstore

Asterisk 16.8.0 built by root @ asterisk on a x86_64 running Linux on 2020-03-11 19:34:38 UTC

Linux asterisk 4.15.0-88-generic #88-Ubuntu SMP Tue Feb 11 20:11:34 UTC 2020 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

I am trying to understand the fwconsole commands and having some difficulty understanding ‘fwconsole kvstore’.

The help shows:

Usage:
  kvstore [options] [--] <module>

Arguments:
  module                   What module are we making calls against?

Options:
      --iknowwhatiamdoing  With great power comes great responsibility. This command can potentially break things. Unless you pass this parameter it is readonly
      --action=ACTION      What action to call [default: ""]
      --key=KEY            The key [default: ""]
      --value=VALUE        A Value if setting one [default: ""]
      --group=GROUP        Optional Group [default: "noid"]
  -h, --help               Display this help message
  -q, --quiet              Do not output any message
  -V, --version            Display this application version
      --ansi               Force ANSI output
      --no-ansi            Disable ANSI output
  -n, --no-interaction     Do not ask any interactive question
  -v|vv|vvv, --verbose     Increase the verbosity of messages: 1 for normal output, 2 for more verbose output and 3 for debug

Help:
  Manage kvstore

I understand the ‘–key=KEY’ and ‘–value=VALUE’

I do not understand '–action=ACTION '.
What ACTIONS? Are they trying to denote one of INSERT,UPDATE,DELETE,SHOW or something else

Trying to run it using various combination of ideas I get the message: “Not enough arguments (missing: “module”).”
When I try passing ‘–module’ I get The “–module” option does not exist." It was worth a try.

When passing ‘module’ as hinted in the help.
kvstore [--iknowwhatiamdoing] [--action ACTION] [--key KEY] [--value VALUE] [--group GROUP] [--] <module>

I get ‘Invalid or no command provided’ so I obviously miss something in the ‘–action’.

I find a variety of implementations using various languages online but not much surrounding the usage from fwconsole.

Any hints, so I can move forward :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.